Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone with a Duramax...

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by willyswanter, Dec 12, 2003.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Were they ever offered with the allison with a manual shift t-case behind it? I know if you got the 4l80e you could get a manual shift case but what about the allison?

2. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Well the newer ones (2000-03 i think) are all electric shift. I could be wrong though...

3. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

My buddy has an '02 GMC with the Duramax/Allison combo and lever shift transfer case. As far as I understand, it is an option (with credit maybe?) and pushbutton is standard.

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

My '01 GMC 2500HD has an Allison 1000/NVG261.

5. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

I just bought an 02 Silverado HD 4x4. Duramax, Allison, and some type of New process T-Case. [any idea of the new process I.D. number?]
    From what I've read in the manual, and the Net, if You ordered bucket seat's, it would then come with a manual shifted T-case, mine has the split 40/60 bench, so it's a pushbutton {remember the old Chrysler push button transmission's?] I hope this work's better that those did. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

It doe's have that Massive American Gear and Axle 11 1/2" rear axle however, and as luck would have it, a comparison between it and the Dana 80 just came out in Fourwheeler Mag. It is one hell of an axle!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    It doe's have that Massive American Gear and Axle 11 1/2" rear axle however, and as luck would have it, a comparison between it and the Dana 80 just came out in Fourwheeler Mag. It is one hell of an axle!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, does yours have the new beefed up gov-lok or trac right LS?

7. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Trac Right L/S it seem's to hook up fairly well, in snow country anyhow. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Got those damn little 245/85/16 tire's though, I think I'll wear em out, and them get some Larger tire's, the next go-round. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif