Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone with a ff14 bolt with disk brakes?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stu, May 13, 2003.

1. stu

stu Registered Member

I'm looking at these and was wondering if anyone else has done this. What rotors and calipers did you use?

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

lots have done it, myself included.../forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifit is super easy...just use the brackets, front rotors off a 3/4-ton chevy (i just told the parts guy an 1984 3/4-ton) and either the same vintage chevy front calipers if you don't want a parking brake or if you wish to retain parking brake, rear calipers from a 1976-1978 Caddy Eldorado, although these calipers are easily triple the price of std. chevy front calipers... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

I purchased a set Myself, gonna install this Saturday, hopefully, if some other unnessessary crap doe'snt come up. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'm the same way. I should be getting my brackets and hose kit from a-tron on friday. So unless something happens, I'll be doing mine this weekend also /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Yes, relatively easy kit to install. I used 3/4 ton rotors and 76 El Dorado calipers but have yet to connect the E-Brake. Braking is great, a very worthwhile modification which ranks high in my book of Chevy 4x4 add-ons.

6. stu

stu Registered Member

I will be using rotors from a 76 3/4 ton 4x4. I have noticed the price of the calipers. I got a price of $110 + an $80 core for the Cadillac calipers but I got lucky and found a good used set for $35 each. Will probably get them tomorrow.