Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone with a ORD Doubler, can you assist with answers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cliffy, May 29, 2001.

1. Cliffy

Cliffy Registered Member

Originally posted by Stephen:
    Don't want to blatantly try to sell stuff on this page, but just for info purposes only....
    It'll be way cheaper to look at doing a Doubler kit with the 350 trans and the 350 version 205 setup that you have. Give it a good look. It's not like you already have parts with the right bolt pattern for a Klune without buying more stuff.
    Gearing wise, you're WAY better off with an underdrive than an overdrive. An underdriven setup will get you 41:1 with a Doubler and deeper than that with a Klune, depending on which box you want to use. An overdrive with expensive 4.56 gears gets you 22.8:1 in the lowest hole. That's a no brainer for the off-road part.
    On the road, with 4.10's and 37's you'll do about 2700 at 70mph. With the 4.56's and an overdrive, you'll do about 2300rpm at 70.
    Underdrive cost: around a grand minimum, lots of room up from there.
    Overdrive cost: Gearvendors is about $2400. plus the cost of the axle gears...
    I know what I'd do!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah the Klune-V is about $1900.00 bones. That's pretty steep but I'm not sure what you mean when you say. "It's not like you already have parts with the right bolt pattern for a Klune without buying more stuff." What else would I need.

Also how much does the Doubler adapter cost?

Another reason I liked the Klune-V is, it's length it looks nice and short especially compared to a Doubler set-up. I guess I could move the engine forward though. I want to avoid crazy driveline angles and having to buy $$$$$$$$ driveshafts.

Plus I would need to find an NP203, and I still wouldn't get as low of gearing with the doubler as I would get with the Klune-V, but if the price of the Doubler is GREAT (in comparison) I may go that way so please tell me more Stephen

Coil sprung 71 blazer.

Coil sprung 71 blazer.

2. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

I believe with the klune-v you have too have a adapter too get it too mate to the th350 and the klune-v won't connect too the 205 unless it has the circle bolt pattern not the race track pattern witch would require another adapter from them.You would be looking at $2500 pretty easily.Plus the driveshafts.

Now the doubler gen II would only require the stock adapter and front part of a 203 too get it too bolt too your 350 tranny.Witch are a dime a dozen.I could probably find you 15 too 20 right now for 60 bucks or less most time free because they have blown out the chain part witch is thrown away when you do the doubler.Then the 205 you have would bolt too the doubler plate.The doubler and 205 put together was no longer then the 203 i pulled apart.
    You should be able too do this for $1000.
    I have one in mine and it is pretty stout.I also like the fact that 90 percent of the pieces for this setup can be found used,in junkyard,new very easily too replace if it ever gets broken.
    The klune-v you will be paying there prices again.
    And if someone says that thats not a problem because it will never break.I wouldn't bet on it you can break anything.

3. Cliffy

Cliffy Registered Member

I see your point.

let me see if I have it right. I need a GM Factory adapter for the 203 to mate to the TH350, I tear off the back end of the 203 and use the DOUBLER plate to attach my 205 behind that.

That sounds like what you said anyway.

Hmmm maybe I should go check out ORD's website. Thanks for the info.

Coil sprung 71 blazer.

4. Cliffy

Cliffy Registered Member

I checked out their website and it looks like a pretty sweet set-up. I really like the Twin stick setup. I'm IN :D:D

Coil sprung 71 blazer.

5. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Just got too run mine this weekend.I like it alot.Crawls too good now.Keeps stalling my carb.Better get my TBI going.I think you'll like it.