Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anyone with a Ram Jet 350, mpg?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xnoahx, Dec 1, 2003.

1. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Hey, any of you running a Ram Jet 350, Im just wondering how much MPG you are getting out of it?

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Also - are you running it open loop (as intended from Chevy) or with the closed loop (O2 sensor added) setup from Arizona Speed and Marine? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

What? Why would GM want it to run open loop? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Why would GM want it to run open loop?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Because it isn't emissions legal. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif It was designed for marine applications, so they kept it as simple as possible.

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

you are correct i am running a open loop as set up from gm but it is for 1970(some thing like that ) or older car or trucks but for mpg i only run it off road and just get it out fo 2nd gear some times but the power is awsome instant tourk

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

OHHHH YES!
    I am getting a RamJet350 fer me K5 by Summer 2004.
    I am just now starting to gather info along with $$$, Common Tax return, please be BIG!!!!
    I hate to hijack this post but if some one does know what type of loop is the best or prefered, open means no Oxy sensor right? any other components used in a closed loop FI setup that is not used in the open loop?
    And yes please tell us about the MPG (back on topic /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)
    RamJet RamJet RamJet
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif