Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone with beadlocks?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BOWTIE, Jun 19, 2001.

1. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

Want to know what type of sealant I should use for beadlock wheels? Just don't want to have any problems with leaks. I have 15x14 eaton beadlocks and I'm mounting 39'' Boggers.

Thanks

Ric

"Wheel hard or go home."

2. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I have had my champion beadlocks for over a year with no leaks and used no sealant. I have heard of people using RTV blue to prevent leaks.

<font color=yellow>Steve Frisbie</font color=yellow>

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Hey Ric.. how's things on your neck of the woods?
    I might be planning a Slab run here in the near future.. would you guys like to join us?
    I'll have more details.. once I know I have a job.. I interview Thursday..
    Also.. I'm going to be in San Antonio this weekend.. staying down by the Riverwalk... how far are you from there?
    Let me know..

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com>http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com</A>

4. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

Rocko,
    First of all Good Luck with your interview! I'm not too far from the river I live on the south side of town. How long is you stay in S.A.? The reason I ask is that we're going to the Den here in S.A. to do some wheeling Sunday. Will you be up here in your K5? If you are then join us. I'll be tied up Saturday, my sister is moving that day. Let me know about Sunday.

Later

Ric

"Wheel hard or go home."

5. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

Thanks Steve, I think that I'm going to try the RVT. I would hate to mount these tires and start to have problems. 39s are not an easy tire to work with and to do it twice... forget about it.

Thanks

Ric

"Wheel hard or go home."