Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone with SSR's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Lance, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Anyone with SSR\'s

These tires are on e-bay and are a good price for rims and tires. He has a picture of a penny stuck in the treads, to show tread wear, but I have no idea if this is good, bad or indifferent. The seller says there is about 8,000 miles on them. Does that look right? E-bay auction

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Re: Anyone with SSR\'s

hmmm, pilot point's about 30 miles down the road from me~

good thing i just bought new tires. Can't help you on the SSRs though, i'm a TSL man myself /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I'd rather have TSL's too. Unfortunately, my wants always exceed my means. I figured with that rim / tire combo I could get my truck back rolling after the 1-ton swap and save my money up in the mean time for some TSL's.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

My first look I would say more than 8000 miles. look at this again
    [​IMG]
    You see that center lug with a step in it. The step looks to be more than half gone. My SSRs have around 8000 miles on them, including a road trip from Cali to Moab and back. That trip was across the Mojave desert too. My step is higher than that one is. 8000 miles is a low end guess I say they are over 10K, but I am guessing too....oh and it looks like he has almost 1500 invested so I'm sure he want's more than a preety penny for them, probly why they were removed from the truck when sold. I would just get new ones...
    .02c /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif