Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone work at a Kentucky UPS hub/distribution center???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Emmettology 101, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Ordered some stuff from Cali Tuesday. Had it shipped Nextday air so I know I would have it by this weekend. Well the company shipped the stuff in two boxes. Got one today. The other is still showing in Louisville, KY.. But I just talked to a UPS rep and she said she showed a scan in Granville, KY...???......

Anyone able to help me get a more accurate tracking on this or an inside scoop?
    Funny how both packages had the exact same scan history(both had the adverse weatehr delay). One made it here a-ok. The other is showing being in Louisville, KY due to Adverse weather.. [​IMG] And the label says: "Box 1 of 2"....
    I just want my stuff. Why pay for the expensive shipping if they aren't goign to deliver? I understand thigns happen, people make mistakes, etc.. But this is messed up! [​IMG]

Is it possible the packages left Louisville, KY on different trucks? You wouldn't think they would seperate packages in groups.

2. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Can't help you with this problem but just wondered if you got all of your stuff from the a$$clown down here in MS. Last I remember was you were getting it sent again.

As a side note, since you are a fan of Suicidal Tendencies (I presume), have you ever listened to The Infectious Grooves. Most of the members of ST were in it. I believe Mike said it was his alter ego thing. Just curious, I do not know anyone else who has heard of them other than my friends who only know it from me.

3. Emmettology 101

Well I got 4 out of the 5 wheels I ordered. I guess some is better than none. The MS Attn Gen is supposedly working on getting me the 5th, but I haven't heard anything in a while. :(

With this I was just worried I wouldn't get my stuff by the weekend. Pictured someone sticking it on the wrong truck and it being sent to Nova Scotia or soemthing. LOL The other box showed up this morning.. :bow: The stuff was supposed to come Next Day Air. Half did, half didn't. I talked to a few people at UPS yesterday when I was checking in. One girl said the last scan was somewhere like Granville, KY... But it didn't show up on-line. Sounds like someone did stick it on the wrong truck. But they are sticking to their story that the weather delayed it and they cant refund me anything for "acts of god"... And when I asked how the one made it and the other didn't... I got no response. :)

And yes, I have heard of Infectious Grooves! :thumb: Actually have a CD in my truck(burnt, not original). The were ok, but didn't like that stuff as well as I liked the ST stuff... :D

4. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I left UPS in '98 right after they implemented the scanning and 100% tracking in the hub system. It's a manual system, and at the time, we were lucky to get 60% of the packages scanned as they were going in the trailer. I'm sure they've made some improvements, but I'd still assume at a minimum a 10% chance your package will be missorted or unscanned in transit.

5. Emmettology 101

Ya, I just sort of panicked since I wanted to get my stuff by the weekend. Should've just waited one more day. But it does suck when you spend the cabbage to get it quick and its late. People and machines make mistakes though. I got it so all is well. :D

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

one time fedex had fun with one of my packages. 3 of 4 got to me in 3 days. the 4th took 1 week longer. thay couldnt figure out the zip code on the tag wasnt for real. it went back and forth 3 times between 2 hubs till we found it and thay reprinted the tag. that tire had more miles on it than the other 3 did :haha: