Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anything wrong with just manually jumping the pressure switch?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pookster, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

sorry for the dupe post, but nobody was looking at my other post anymore cause it was somewhat off topic.

Can I manually just jump the pressure switch on the Receiver/dryer to get the AC to work? The climate control head unit doesnt want to work right.

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

You can, but then you have no low pressure switch. I'm assuming that you are removing the connector on the dryer to do this... No low-pressure switch could equal a locked up compressor..

John

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yes, you can, but you run the risk of burning up your AC system. When you jumper it, you bypass all the pressure controls. The system is designed to cycle on and off. If keep it running, all you will be doing is building pressure. It has to be released somewhere. Chances are that if you bypass the switch, it would relieve itself at the weakest point in the system. That could be an expensive AHH CRAP! I wouldn't do it myself. But if someone else has better knowledge, please post up.

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Ok, well then... How can I trigger the pressure system to function without the complexity of an electronic head unit?

How did the older trucks do it? There must be something else somewhere that I can jump.