Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anza Borrego CA

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Triaged, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I am looking on doing a wheelin trip in Anza Borrego. I was looking on doing the trail that starts at Pinyon Mt. and goes to Split Mt. I herd that there is a section of the trail that is really narrow. Has anyone has done this trail before? Will a Blazer fit? The trail is 28mi. and I don't want to backtrack (this trail is "one way only" whatever that means? )

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust

2. grumpy

grumpy 1/2 ton status

Sorry I can't help on the trail info but could you post the results of your trip? I go camping out there all the time but never wheeled.
    Thanks,
    David

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

My Anza Borrego Off-Roading/Camping Trip (March 24-26, 2001)

We started off by stopping at the visitor center in Borrego Springs to check out the current trail conditions and to buy a map (I got the Earthwalk Press one for $3.95). Than we headed south past Agua Caliente to camp. We camped in Carrizo Creek in a unmarked campground (in ABDSP you are allowed to camp whever you want as long as you are at least one car length off the road) just past mile marker 48 on S2. In the morning we continued on Carrizo Creek Rd., through Carrizo Creek (Fun!! About 1” of water with soft sand underneath), than through some slot canyons, and on to Diablo Drop-Off. This trail is supposedly a one-way only trail, but all the trucks with us were able to make it back up (a ‘01 Tundra w/ 33” MT’s, a ’90 Trooper w/ 31” AT’s, and my ’71 Blazer w/ 33” AT’s and 4” lift). We than headed out Split Mt. Rd. to the 78 (gas 5mi. east on 78 if you need it). Than we took multiple dirt roads north to get to the S22. The second night we camped off of the road to Calcite Mine. There are two camp sights there one on each side of the road in a slot canyon. The road to this camp is 4x4 only (makes it nice because it is less likely to be filled). Just after the camp the road gets a little more fun but doable.
    Carry multiple gas cans as gas was over $2 a gal.
    Bring along your own fire wood and fire pit (old washer drum)
    Don't forgit the TP

I will post pics as soon as I get them developed and scanned. E-mail me if you have any more Q's

4. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Do you have to have a Cali Off Road pass to take your vehicle out there? My mom and dad are in town and want to go see A-B. Thanks.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 2.5" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

You only need the adventure pass for the national forest. Anza Borrego State Park doesn't charge. AB used to charge $5 a day for day use and camping but they got rid of it a while back. If you want to go to Auga Caliente (the hot springs just outside the park) than you have to pay a day use fee ($2.50 I think)