Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Apology..PLEASE READ!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clintsk5, Mar 21, 2001.

1. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Yes...I was driving one of the three trucks that drove on top of the trunk of an abandoned car last weekend!!!..I did not pilfer, break or destroy anything in the house...I did not enter the house untill i was told it was cool to go in and check it out!...I thought someone was still living there untill I was told otherwise! ..I have never ever attemted to drive on a car or a truck before in my life!...This was my first wheelin' trip with all the other guys that live in Phoenix!!...I was trying to fit in...got a little stupid before I knew it I was showing off...The car in question was away from the main property abandoned....I thought that someone had just left it there...I did not touch..destroy or take anything off a truck that was parked close to the house!...Please relize these are NOT excuses...I truly respect all trails and I am concerned with the future of 4-wheelin'...I do not have Doug's number...but I did send him a private message apologizing to him and to ask him "what I can do"?...I had a great time with all the guys who showed up...I sat with most of them for a good hour before I had to call it a day and drive home...Noone said anything to me then....I did hear them mention that someone was trying to get something off a truck!...I did not see this nor do I aprove of this!!!...I would never intentionally try to give this sight, anyone member or any other 4-wheeler.."a bad name"...This is not my M.O.!!...From now on I will keep the "showing off" in my own yard...Plesase accept my heartfelt apology!!..and know I will never do this on one of our trails again!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by clintsk5 on 03/21/01 09:43 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Apology accepted. Now go say 2 Hail Mary's, 2 Our Father's and an act of contrition. Hahahaha ! Everybody makes mistakes every now and then, I've had plenty in my life ..... it's not the end of the world. Remember, It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it. I give you big props for talking about it and clearing the air.

L8r,
    . Riz . <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</A>

[​IMG]

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

For my part as a member, apology accepted. Is Doug the owner? If so, I'm personally glad to see you are trying to contact him and make things right. He is the one that counts above all else.

As far as excuses, your post does not strike me as an excuse. You come across as being genuinely sorry about it all. BigDaddy’s post struck me as an excuse, but maybe that is just me, or maybe it came out wrong. I don’t think so, it sounded too much like a statement of “I did nothing wrong”. Right now I’m just sick of the whole thing and on top of it, I spent the weekend working mostly on my yard instead of having fun.

Anyway, please see my post on the other thread. We are all human and we all do stupid things from time to time. IMHO, standing up, admitting your mistakes, and making it right just because it is the right thing to do, is what separates the men from the pretenders (no offense to the ladies).

I hate that this was your first trip out “with the guys” and none of them thought to point out the problems with what was going on to your face. I don’t quite know what to say about that.

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Thanks for being a stand up guy, like riz said we all make mistakes. Unfortunately yours has been posted for the world to see, I'm glad you're trying to do the right thing.

I really hope the others will follow suit and make this right with the owner of the property...

Rene

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jules.coloradok5.com>http://jules.coloradok5.com</A>

6. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Clintk5 I will post it here also YOU ARE A GREAT GUY. later

7. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

My hat's off to you for standing up like this and accepting responsibility for your actions. We need more people like this in today's "why accept responsibilty when I can blame it on someone or something else" society. It takes more of a man to admit when he's wrong than it takes to place blame elsewhere. Good man.

8. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Yeah. It's good that you feel remorse. Think if it was your house. Hey, I got two junkers in the back yard, but I wouldnt want anyone drving over them. Anyways, just tread lightly...

Oh yeah, and swear on your life that you'll never buy a Jeep. :)

9. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Congrats on being a bigger man than the rest. I am glad to see that you are trying to make it right with the owner. I would not associate myself with those people who were acting like idoits (apparently not the whole group that was out there but part of the group were acting like idiots and those are the ones I'm talking about) if I were you. Don't let it rest there with just trying to get in contact with the owner, make damn sure you talk to him in person or at least over the phone. He prolly has a good mind to give you a good a$$ chewing, so be ready for it and say yes sir, yes sir and do whatever it takes to make it right with him. I applaud you for appologizing. You're a good respectable person for doing that. Thankyou.

[​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I, too, have learned the hard way. That was about ten years ago when I used to drive like a bat out of hell. I have grown up and LEARNED!!! I can honestly say one thing: property owners like people who admit guilt and wrongdoing. I will say about 90% of these people do care and will listen and not do anything against you as long as you are sorry, show remorse, and offer to do anything to help out. I mean ANY offer to help out. Not just the site you were at, but maybe around their house or their work place or whatever. This will show them you respect them and will not do anything next time. This also gets them to know you better as a person and many times leads into a lifetime friendship. Get out there and make an offer to fix things and most of all, APOLOGIZE personally, not over the phone. You are starting to gain my trust back, even though we never met or knew eachother. ANY CK5 member is family to me!!!

11. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Back to top!

12. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I understand you were one of the car crushers and bigdaddy89 was one, but you said you were one of three..... Who'se the third?
    Whats done is done and alot of garbage has been thrown at you and you've definately stood up to take it. Alot of people jumped to condemn you and that's pretty unfair. I have no idea what the circumstances are/we're and I'm afraid if I saw 3 blazers climbing all over a junked out Bronco I'd have been there cheering you on as well. If it wasn't my daily driver I'd probably give it a shot too. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't. Y'know that Stones tune? "Every cop is a criminal and all the sinner saints" Has anyone here not done something they're not proud of? If not, give it time......

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

13. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

If this property looked inhabited then this was criminal. If not well it wasn't right but I've seen lots of houses, no door, [censored] all over, old cars out back, grass ten feet high. Call em old hippie settlements where I'm from and we trashed em as kids. I wouldn't do it as an adult(29). But dammit man, don't call the owner. What if he wants you to pay for his [censored] he didn't keep cleaned up. Just feel bad and don't do it again.

14. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Unfortunately in this situtation regardless if the place was a wreck before you got there, there still needs to be contact with the owner. If you screw up and it's on someone elses land you can't ignore it. I honestly feel that the right thing would be to contact the owner. Explain to them the situation. Explain to them your part and your willingness to ammend the situation. Most people will respect the fact you are willing to reconize your mistake and are willing to try to fix things. If they aren't and a jerk, well, that's something you have to contend with. You made the choice, even if you weren't aware it was wrong to go wheeling there. Being ignorant to something doesn't excuse you front it. You have to suck it up, and take what you might possibly get here. It sucks to be responsible sometimes. But in the end you'll be more respected for doing the right thing and it'll be easier on you. If you don't, and the owner does try to track you down and does find you, the outcome can and would be far worse then anything that'll happen if you are honest and upfront. The harder you have to hide something and avoid it the worse the punishment and outcome will be. It sounds like you have already taken the first steps in making this right by apologizing and wanting to contact the owner to see what you can do. It takes guts to admit when you're wrong. You have shown you have them and are willing to be an adult and fix this. That's more then some people have yet to do......

Stephanie
    &lt;&gt;&lt;

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ChevyCaGal on 03/22/01 10:42 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

15. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I have struggled to hold back from this post... but now that a good chunk of facts our out... Obviously the tread light concept and make things right no matter what. I just would like to say that I seriously believe that many if not nearly all of us would respond similarly clintsk5. You saw one do it and then you tried and then another... Psychology says this is how it works. People will do things in groups they won't do alone. If I was there and had a big rig and what not then I may of tried or at least of been like cool... crushing a F@#d LOL... Also if someone didn't say anything then and now wants to rub it in your face then I also don't think it is right. Now I'm not saying this is ok by any means... I'm just saying I know where you were at and kinda tried to step into your shoes... Now it is time for you guys to step into the owner's shoes. GUYS IN AZ... PLEASE DO ALL YOU CAN TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT... whether you were there or not IMO because everyone really needs to make this right so wheeling can continue.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

16. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

All I have to say is GOOD for this man for standing up and taking the heat for things that MAY have been beyond his control!!!! Let's get back to being good K/5 friends, and forget all this nonsence.

"Rage WITH the Machine!"

17. I'm with you ED

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

18. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Hey CaptCrunch, I dont remember giving you permission to use my kids pic on the web, by the way, how'd you get him to hold still for the pic? Its not from MY side of the family!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

19. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I understand the situation and mob mentality, but how about being more proactive then just trying to contact the owner which could take some time. Why not take another trip this weekend and fix the damage that has been done and leave a note of appology including a way to contact you. But you still need to contact the owner. I applaud you for admitting your mistake like a man. I've had my property NOT treaded on lightly and at the same time broken into stealing about $7k worth of tools and my place is very well kept ... that happened 3 years ago and I'm still pissed !!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by rampage on 03/23/01 03:40 PM (server time).</FONT></P>