Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Apology

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gauder, Oct 19, 2005.

1. gauder

gauder Banned

I don't want to start off on any more of a wrong foot here so a few apologies are in order:

1) I apologize to Diesel4me for my post in the "Flame on..." thread. I do not know you and therefore should not make any assumptions or personal comments to or about you.

2)89GMCSuburban, sorry for getting your thread locked down.

3) To any others I may have offended, I am sorry. I think I will refrain from making any socio/political comments as I do have some strong views that would guarantee to offend someone or another.

I owe this to all of you and am not too proud to step up and deliver.

Ryan

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Now theres something you don't see everyday... an apology. Right on man!
    Glad to have you on board :D

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I should be the one appologising!!!

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

classy move
    +1 respect point for you :wink1:

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Welcome to CK5 brother. I'm sure Bob will be happy to see this. :waytogo:

Rene

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Not to start anything, but that last staement is self contradiction, humilty can be masked pride

Whatever though, welcome home, kid

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Apology Accepted...I want you to read this--its long..

I am glad you took back what you said..your right,you DONT know me,or what my disabilities are..as for my vehicles,one has been unregistered and sitting in the yard for 3 years--probably going to end up scrapping it--my other truck is for sale,-I have no real choice but to sell it,I cant afford the insurance on it,plus I don't really need a 2wd--I only bought it because it was cheap and rust free a few years ago--I have since had to put a motor in it,which was not easy in my condition--took me a few weeks,instead of the usual 2 hours I used to be able to do it in..

I HAVE to keep the 82 K20,to plow our driveway--its 150' long in a "Y" shape,and we got 9' of snow and 25 storms last year,so no way am I giving that up..plus we have a landfill I have to bring our trash too..as long as I'm able too anyway..

The Ford Contour was given to me by a semi-famous bluegrass singer I know,and like a lot!--I did not ask for it--she felt I deserved it,and I think it was really nice of her to do that for me!..I used to hate Fords,but I'll keep this car until I'm dead,just for the sentimental value!..If I do decide to go for disability,I am only allowed to have one vehicle,worth less than 2000 bucks..If it comes to that,my older brother will have to register my K20 and own it..not me..

As for me--I'm 47 years old,-I had worked for 20+ years in auto parts stores as a counterman,machine shop,delivery driver--then spent the past 15 years building a garage alone in 1992 in my parents yard,--I quit my job to move back home to help them,as they were getting on in years..and I was self employed as a small engine repair person for 10 of those years--all the while trying to help my dad,who was sick with Parkinson's disease for 10 years until he died in 2000..

Just before that, my mother was diagnosed with Emphasema,and C.O.P.D. a severe form of it..she nearly died,but recovered somewhat,and she hasn't been the same since--she had my dad sign the deed to the lot next door I was supposed to get on his deathbed,and promptly sold it for less than half of its value,and spent the money on my younger brothers credit card bills,bought him new cars,and blew the rest foolishly--now she's struggling to live on a grand a month SSI check..she never did think much of me,despite my being the only one in our family willing to live here and help..

In 2001,I was diagnosed with testicular cancer,and had to have an operation to remove one..so if you want to kick me in the balls,your too late--you'll have to take close aim,because only one remains..I was declared cancer free after that,but I still have a lot of severe pain in the operation site..I was also diagnosed with scoliosis of the spine in my 20's--Doctors were ready to put a titanium rod in my spine,but I declined--.

I did not want to live in a body cast for 18 months,so I used a back brace and took painkillers when it got too painful to bear..I had many good pain free years,but lately as I have aged,I have been having a lot of trouble with my back..two months ago I got Bronchitis,and a lung infection--I thought I was going to croak--its taken 2 months of antibiotics and steroid pills and an albuterol inhaler to get my lungs working right again..

I've been told my scoliosis will affect my heart and lungs due to the misalignment and all the internal organs being crushed on that side.. :( --I've only been able to do light work the past 2 weeks--I was practically housebound since august..didn't get to enjoy most of the decent summer we had..

So I'm hesitant to go apply for a job now,knowing I probably wont be able to do it..I'd love to find an easy part time job I could handle--but the truth is not many exist here..Employers want healthy,energetic HARD workers willing to work long hours for low pay..I'm not going to lie,and say I can do the job--then end up quitting a few days later,when my back F***s up again.. :mad:

I have a hard time just doing household chores,never mind repairs to my truck or my moms van,which she cant drive anymore--so I have to take her everywhere...doctors,shopping,etc..

THAT is why I'm considering disability..I'm NOT playing the "crip" card,and it pisses me off to see all the immigrants who ARE,and enjoying the money I paid into the system,and probably are spending it on crack.. :mad: But even if I do get disability,its going to take up to two years to get it I've been told..

I have 200 bucks to my name,my mother could die anytime,and I'm most likely not going to be inheriting her house or anything else..in other words,I'm ****ed!.Believe when I tell you its not easy living here with her,being under a 77 year old's thumb,and having to do all the "dirty work" ,and getting little in return..and watching her condition deteriorate daily,and wonder when the end will come. :( .. only reason I have a computer is thanks to her,in case your wondering how I can afford the internet..

I'm not whining--I've had a pretty good life actually..but I always hated working for other people..I made THEM rich,and got squat in return..only when I worked for myself did I not dread getting up every day,or feel like I had an ulcer..I got to go places,do things when I wanted too,I never would or could have done had I worked a 9 to 5 job..

So I'm glad you apologized!!.THANK YOU! :bow: It takes a big man to apologize!-.next time,you will think before you flame someone --its easy to critisize someone you dont know..but I think you know me now..I hope we can be friends and get along now... ;)