Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

appraise my pile!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dysphemism, Dec 6, 2002.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Ok it looks as if I will be selling my Jimmy. Before you grill me and tell my I shouldn't I'll explain myself. I'm a fulltime college student, business admin. major. My school keeps me studying like mad. I have a dana 60 front sitting in my yard, but, I really just don't have the time it takes to follow up and finish my truck. My truck is a 1986 GMC Jimmy, so its still under smog. Recently I had to smog it, but I never drive it so I just let it sit and now its not registered or smogged. I will smog it and register it soon though. My main deal is, I want to buy a 1969-1973 Blazer, due to the smog exemption status. Either body style suits me fine. I also want to buy one with a 454 and one ton axles already installed. I know this is a "cheater" way to get it done but the do it yourself road is just plain too time consuming for me. So I won't be totally out of the loop I still want a k5. Now that I've said my piece, I was wondering if someone could appraise my truck. Important stuff is:

1. Paint was done about 4 years ago, however it is chipping, done at maaco
    2. Rear axle was swapped, is now a 14 bolt SF
    3. Interior was redone in black, clean looking, new apolstry, dyed seatbelts, etc
    4. 350 motor, 4 core radiator swapped in, th700r4 with shift kit
    5. warn xd9000i winch
    6. milage is "about" 120k, im really not sure of actual mileage.
    7. 6" superlift springs all around, 3" bodylift, 38/15.5/15 super swamper radials, 90% tread
    8. Front clip is 1991 GMC.

I must also mention that my truck was a total lemon. I really shouldnt have bought it. It has an electrical problem that no mechanic has been able to fix. I bought it on good faith. Boy was that a mistake. The mechanic I took it to said that it has most likely been in an accident and also underwater. He also said the electrical is "perma$#%&ed" for lack of a better word, even though I replaced 1 wiring harness. Once again anyone who read this thanks for reading my essay and if you could give me a ballpark estimate of its value I would really appreciate it!

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Dunno about value, but that is a good looking rig. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Should be able to squeeze 5 grand out of it. But that Dana 60 isn't worth anything, so I will take it off your hands and find SOMETHING to do with it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Probably be able to get at least $6000 if you're patient. My buddy sold a similar Blazer for $7500 3 years ago but it took 6 months of waiting for the right person to come along. </font color>