Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ARB - Air Fitting Adapter....?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2Dogs, May 3, 2003.

1. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hello,
    I need an adapter to go from 1/4 NPT to the ARB air line.

Anybody know here I can get one or what thread the ARB is?

I had a manifold made with the ARB thread cut last time but now I need to change manifolds so I want an adapter this time.

I'll have my old manifold for sale soon - it is a cool piece of work!

Thanks,

2. lgk5

lgk5 1/2 ton status

i got all my stuff from peak fastners,any compressor repair shop,nail gun repair shop should carry them
    hope this helps

3. 2Dogs

Thanks.

I ended up finding it at Home Despot /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Ithought it was some weird-ass thread but it was just 1/8 pipe.

So I now have my ARB circuit regulated at 80lbs. Unfortunately the NEW 150psi switch is only 100psi /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

This simple project has been hanging over my head for months - almost done!!

Also made a drive-line e-brake return spring today. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Also made a drive-line e-brake return spring today. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> I had to make one of those too, are you using the High Angle setup? Damn return spring in that caliper is useless... </font>

5. 2Dogs

HighAngle - yes.
    This is my second set of pads due to my first assembly bound
    up and I ruined my pads /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif - Jesse sent a COMPLETE new set. They
    are awesome!!!
    I beefed up the springs between the pads AND made a return spring off of the t-case (booty-fab /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

I dont think there is a problem with the assembly. I am using the stock e-brake pedal which requires in-line springs on the stock setup to pull lever all the way back up.

Next project on the e-brakes is to get my caddy calipers working on the stock pedal and move the dl e-brake to an aftermarket lever. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

Are you running a air switch set up for your ARB?
    I would like to see some pics of the way people are plumbing this set-up.I have the switch,regulator and gauge.
    Are you guys mounting the gauge and regulator in the cab or out by the tank.My flatbed sub-frame is my air tank,so it would be real easy to mount off of that.

7. 2Dogs

I need a dig cam!!!!

I ran a manifold directly off of my pump. One port I ran a regulator for the ARB (with gauge). The other ports have pressure switch, hose to tank, and pressure gauge (system).

I am worried about the long-term life span of my gauges - when my pump is going it rocks &amp; rolls!!