Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

arb/detroit installed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by peterpan, Apr 14, 2007.

1. peterpan

peterpan Registered Member

i got my arb installed in my dana 60 front and my detroit in my 14 bolt rear in my 83 blazer

without a front drive line and with the hubs unlocked and no air even hooked up to the arb it doesn't like to turn to the right after we got done it turned ok before i'm sure its not due to the arb

we didn't change any steering parts all we did was tighten the steering box to frame bolts they were loose and take the pass side tie rod off to get the carrier out
    it has a drop pitman and the steering block i will go with high steer cross over as soon as i get the cash to but this set up has to work for a couple more months

i thought it might be the detroit pushing it i allso have a 84 jimmy with a 14 bolt detroit and it steers great so i don't think thats the problem maybe we just got somthing to tight

has anyone had this problem

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

what size lift?

reduced steering to the right is a sign of too little steering correction.

3. peterpan

it has 6 inch suspension and 3 inch body with 38 inch tsl tires

it didn't have this problem before it turned ok for a truck with a lift and 38 inch tires all we did to the steering was take the pass side tierod end off and back on and tighten the steering box to frame bolts

4. peterpan

i talked the ol lady into letting me get the ord high steer crossover kit :shocked: :shocked:
    and a arb air compressor to use until i get my onboard air figured out :shocked:
    any one using the crossover kit want to share your opion of it
    i ordered it today :saweet: :smile1:

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ORD arms are awesome. I had them previouslly, sold them and got Sky arms. Skys are decent, but nothing compared to the ORD pieces. I am not a big fan of ORD, but I must say their high steer arms are sweet.