Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ARB electric solenoid and blowing fuses???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yunit, May 24, 2004.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Well, I had the truck out yesterday for the first time in almost two years and everything ran great all day. When everyone talked me into hit this trail called Crawler Ridge at Rausch Creek Offroad Park, I blew two fuses for the ARB switch. The truck was almost at about a 75 or better degree angle heading up the rocks when this happened. Has anyone else blow fuses while climbing large obstacles?

Also, the steering pump does not seem to like being at that angle either, it was getting a little hard to steer the truck at that angle.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

do you have a remote res for the pump? I forget. If you don't I would think at that angle the air thats normally at the top of the pump gets down in there and airates the fluid.

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Never had an issue with the solenoid blowing fuses.
    What amp fuses is it blowing? Try a bigger one?

4. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Your ARB should be on its own circut. No other Acc. etc. running on that circut.

Fluid level/ Remote res? Do you have hydro assist?

5. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Yeah, the ARB is on it's own circuit, but goes through the fuse panel. Just going to run a directline with a fuse to the battery since it the battery is behind my seat now, hopefuly that cures the problem.

I am running hydro assist and hydro boost, going to hookup a second pump to run just the brakes.

Anyone have any suggestions for a remote res?