Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ARB for 14 bolt

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hi pinion, Jul 27, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Did they ever manage to do this???? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Last i heard they were working on something, but never heard anything after that??? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gifWhat is up with that???? Jake /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I doubt they will come out with one anytime this year... it's supposedly been in the works for several years now. Why not just get a Deee-troit?

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

web page /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

that is the plan right now. just wanted to check and see, youd figure a big company like that would be doing something by now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifBTW i just like the idea of a non-full time locker. I will prob get a det, but i have heard they are a little sketchy going down the freeway /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

hey now wait a minute....... theres a 14 bolt in there /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif you guys check it out and see if thats the new one??? Its 750 bucks!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

9.5 inch Semi-Floater 14 Bolt only

7. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    hey now wait a minute....... theres a 14 bolt in there /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif you guys check it out and see if thats the new one??? Its 750 bucks!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats the 9.5" semifloater, not what you need. Why would you worry about a detroit going down the freeway? Only time you will notice the detroit is when you are in town making sharp right turns and accelerating, tires will go chirp chirp chirp, I think it's kinda cool /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] uhh all ARBs cost about that much and yes its for the Semi Floater not the full floater.

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats the 9.5" semifloater, not what you need. Why would you worry about a detroit going down the freeway? Only time you will notice the detroit is when you are in town making sharp right turns and accelerating, tires will go chirp chirp chirp, I think it's kinda cool /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Whell , i have a ARB already installed in my hi pinion............dont ya think it would be best to match them up?????? since i have to run a compressor anyway???? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

seeing as of right now ARB for a 14 bolt full floater does not exist and I'd bet on it not existing for a while, then I'd say no it doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense to match

11. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I talked to the Toby at http://www.lavenderbrothers.com/ a few weeks ago. He said there are a few out there right now being tested.. They where hoping to have them out in Augaust.. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I wouldn't do the detroit, I have heard that it pulls to either side when on the highway when getting on and off the throttle. I just don't think it's neccessary when it is going to be a pavement pounder %75 of the time probably, heck you will probably be to busy to drive it, with your comp. and family and all. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would get a rebuilt govlok or the Eaton LS that supposedly came out last time I checked.

BTW, ARB will probably never make one for the 14BFF, if they were going to I would imagine they would have done it already. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I talked to the guys at http://www.lavenderbrothers.com/ a few months ago. They said there are a few out there right now being tested.. They where hoping to have them out in Augaust.. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ] no darn.thats news to me. I wonder if it would be worth it to wait. But the detroit in the rear would be the ideal setup anyway correct? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I wouldn't do the detroit, I have heard that it pulls to either side when on the highway when getting on and off the throttle. I just don't think it's neccessary when it is going to be a pavement pounder %75 of the time probably, heck you will probably be to busy to drive it, with your comp. and family and all. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would get a rebuilt govlok or the Eaton LS that supposedly came out last time I checked.

BTW, ARB will probably never make one for the 14BFF, if they were going to I would imagine they would have done it already. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Finaly something controversial.BTW im going to wheel my truck......to hell with the paint /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif not major rock crawls yet,i have to get the hang of little stuff first. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. rjfguitar

Well my K5 might be wheeled too....depends on how soon I get an '01 or 02' dodge CTD. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

17. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well my K5 might be wheeled too....depends on how soon I get an '01 or 02' dodge CTD. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ] ARE YOU GUYS HEARING THIS???????? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I thought id never hear those words from you dog. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I dont want all this trick stuff just to lay around,collecting dust. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifIm going to use it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Not to totally thrash it, but theres quite a few members who have wheeled the pee out of their trucks and not a single dent /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

18. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought id never hear those words from you dog. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ] We will see Australian platapuss. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Im sorry the correct terminology would be =Dawg /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well my K5 might be wheeled too....depends on how soon I get an '01 or 02' dodge CTD.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you feeling alright? you don't sound like your self /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif