Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ARB price

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigjbear, May 7, 2003.

1. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Anyone got a line on a good deal for an ARB for a D60. Best price, wanting to do a group buy, ect. I am on another buying spree!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I am on another buying spree!

[/ QUOTE ]
    will you buy me one to? please?????

well it didn't hurt to ask /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I paid $650 for mine.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Paid $590 for mine from Drivetrain Direct, but bought $1700 worth of parts that day too, so they may have cut me a break. </font>

5. bigjbear

I just talked to 4WPW/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif, they will not match the local place -4WD Parts Center, 770 814 8000, if you are in Atl - price of $680, and that is their advertised price! I get a small discount off of that w/ my club so it will be even better. What a bunch of dinks.

6. bigjbear

BTW, they wanted almost $800 and tryed to gouge me $50 on a battery /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Beat any price my ass, guess I have to drive the hour to the other side of town.

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

hehehe,
    I bought mine in april, I brought in the petersons april add for 4wheel parts wholesalers...
    It was advertised for $618! May it's advertised for like $630 i believe...
    The guy tried to give me the run around that the add was for 30 spline kits only, not "upgraded to" 35 spline like a GMD60 front... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    I argued with him for a while and told him WTF it's advertised for D60 application for $618, my front D60 comes 35 spline stock! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    So he price matched the add for $618, with tax it was like $660.

The only problem with 4wheel parts, the only reason i went there was they had the lowest price i could find for an arb... but it took me 3 TIMES of ordering an arb, going down there to open the box and refuse it because it was obviously a customer return that was missing parts. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    Finally the 3rd time and 2 1/2 weeks later i got an unopened arb box with all the parts. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. bigjbear

That is what I don't like about 4WPW. I don't want to have to beg for a good price. I do understand their side of the counter, I used to sell parts. I just don't like being lied to. I don't want this to turn into a 4WPW bash, so this is my last comment on them unless someone who works there posts a reply.

9. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

So far my experience has been ok- they were able to beat prices from everywhere- I just ordered my MM 10.5k winch from them. They matched the cheapest online internet price I found ($750) and even tossed in the P/S adapter because thats what the online internet place offered.

They beat Summit for my energy suspension poly mounts by $1, and they beat ORD's weld in frame brace by $10.

All in all, I think I got a pretty good deal. Im sure somewhere out there there are better deals, but one stop shopping and the ability to complain to someone who at least has a phone around is kinda priceless.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    ARB price

[/ QUOTE ]

too much? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

j

11. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

ARB price? Too Much? Till You've used one!

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    ARB price? Too Much? Till You've used one!

[/ QUOTE ]

or until one has gone belly up when you need it most! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif gimme the detroit or gimme death! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

j