Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Archery season day 1 - Deer 1, Hunter 0

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BurbinOR, Aug 24, 2002.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Had a great day at Sauvie Island (for those that don't know, it's up off Hwy 30 near St. Helens/Scappoose in the middle of the Columbia /forums/images/icons/cool.gif ), hit the pear tree ground stand about 5 this morning (running on 3 hours sleep /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif )..........saw one nice doe from about 100 yards but she went thataway on us...........next time tho!

Shannon, good luck on Tuesday with the elk hunting...........let me know how the hunting is down there, we may end up at the coast instead of eastern Oregon depending on the weather/fire season.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

thanks /forums/images/icons/smile.gif if you want give me a call and i can tell you how to get there very easy directions and more about what area we are going /forums/images/icons/smile.gif also i could come into town and give you a call if we are seeing lots of elk /forums/images/icons/smile.gif pre season they have been seeing the hell out of them /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Finally found my pics of last yrs season if anyone wants to see they are on my webshots.

4. mudhog

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Sorry I didn't call last night, ended up almost literally passing out after dinner in the recliner. I'll call ya this morning.

We're only going west this year IF the fire season shuts down the forest, otherwise it's the Starkey unit out by La Grande.

Oh, and we ALWAYS scout and see elk pre-season............makes ya wonder if those dang animals have calendars too! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. mudhog

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Oh, and we ALWAYS scout and see elk pre-season............makes ya wonder if those dang animals have calendars too

[/ QUOTE ]
    nope they dont need them they have internet same as us lol /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif