Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

are 12 in wide rims too wide?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rdn2blazer, Mar 14, 2005.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

i have 38 15.5 16 dirt grips, and weld super single 2's 16 in by 12 wide. thats what it says to run on side of tire. i also want to run omf beadlocks rings on my rims when i can aford them. tires are not mounted yet. opinions?

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I like narrower wheels. I ran 15.50 wide ties on 10" wide wheels and thats as wide as I would go! :) The 12's will work though. It's mostly personal preference.

3. rdn2blazer

i cant complane about the cost of the rims as they were basically free from 4wheelparts. its a long story, but in short they didnt honer a written price garintee signed by the owner and store mgr. so i took them to small claims and won my case, all total i spent about 2500.00 dollers and got aprox 6700.00 in parts. they screwed up really bad when totaling up everything. i didnt know til i went back to pick up the rest of my parts on back order and they said we dont know what happened but you owe alot more money than agreed apon.:grin:

4. Lonnie P

Lonnie P Registered Member

Could you e-mail me a picture when you get them installed? I am considering those tires & would like to see a set installed... especially the amount of stickout in the front with a 12" wheel. I like the look of a big wheel, but do not want them sticking out too far. Thanks for any help you can provide.

5. rdn2blazer

it might be a while before there installed, but i will post pics when i do. i dont have a digital camera but i can borrow one from a friend. i want a digital camera real bad, but if i have money to buy one it usually goes to parts or tools:grin:

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am running 12" wide rims witht he beadlocks welded on as well. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be okay. Mine stick a god ways out of the wheel well and makes a wide truck even wider when on the trails. Wish I would have thought about that before I had the locks welded on the rims.

7. rdn2blazer

79stomper what back space are your rims? im want to keep my truck as street legal as i can, dont want too much attention from the cops cause my tires are way out side the fenders. my rims are i think 4.5 or 4 and 5/8.

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Your Welds will look nothing short of awesome on those tires. 12: rims are perfect for that tire. I run Weld 14's and it's not too wide, looks nice.

9. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am running something like 2 3/4" or 3" bs. if you browse around my gallery you can see how much they stick out of the wheel well. I am also running 17" wide tires too but the rims still stick out a good ways.