Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are 307 Chevy motors any good?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blaze, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I'm looking at buying a truck from a friend of mine that has a good running 307 in it. Are these good motors? It is a 2wd short bed truck, so it doesn't have that much weight to haul around. Can anybody help me out here?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Not much torque, but if it runs and drives good, you'll have to decide for yourself if it's worth the price, and will work for your needs. What would you use it for ??? If for towing, I'd say no. But for light hauling, and just basic transpertation, I'd say sure. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Well, fofr $200 I think it is worth the price. I was thinking about towing, but decided against it. The tranny isn't geared for towing, so my friend says. I'd basically be using it for hauling and goofing off. I'm gonna primer it black and paint blue flames on it. It's gonna be sweet!

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

If it's in decent shape, I'd take it for $200! 307's get fairly good mileage, and for just goofin' off, it should ok. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif