Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are bad king pins gonna make my truck wobble???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k30gambi, Dec 5, 2002.

1. k30gambi

k30gambi 1/2 ton status

Dammit. Just got done doing changing the rotors and had the tires balanced, tightened everything up and took it for a spin and it shakes like before. I never checked before so I jacked it up and gave'er a shake and I can see the play between the knuckle and the axle. My dad (grumpy farmer who thinks lifting the truck was as good an idea as buying a rice rocket) says its from the raised steering block. Oh well, 180,000 miles, guess their do anyway? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Paul

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

did you check your wheel bearings? that sometimes will do that, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif good luck.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I have a bad kingpin on the drivers side but it does no wobble. It still might be it though. Is it both tires or just one that wobble?

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Do a search on "Death Wobble". There is a lot of things in that post that might help you. Lots of things can contribute to it and bad king pin is one. It gets agrivated by shims changing the caster angle.