Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are BDS leafs worth the extra $$$?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fad2blk99, Apr 7, 2002.

1. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Would I be just as good with Skyjacker, Superlift, E-Z-Lift, etc... Instead of going through the extra trouble and $$$ for the BDS springs? I've had a truck with Skyjackers and a Blazer with Superlift. They were okay, but if there is better I wouldn't mind opting for it. What do you guys, and gals, think? And, yes, I've done the search, but I want to hear the lastest opinion. -Thanks!!!

2. spaceboy

spaceboy 1/2 ton status

Yes they are. I am running the 6 inch springs up front with the 2.5 inch springs and a 4 inch shackle flip in the rear. I definately think they are worth the extra $$$$.

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Look around on BDS springs...there seems to be a large variance in prices on them. If all else fails, give these guys a call http://www.kens4x4inc.com They are local for me and had a good price. Since, I have recomended them to a couple other mebers here and they ordered from them. Had the springs dropped shipped from BDS and they were the cheapest they could find.

In terms of other springs, Skyjacker soft rides aren't too bad. Superlift superrides also ride great, but I have seen some sag problems with them and have heard of quality issues

4. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out.