Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are bushings worth the extra cost??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shane74, Nov 14, 2006.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I thought I'd get some input before making a decision on one of our product lines.

We currently sell shackles w/ 1/2 grade 8 hardware, but no bushings. We are thinking of adding bushings and upgrading the hardware to 9/16" grade 8. The cost for bushings/sleeves/hardware would raise the price approx. $20-$25 per set of shackles (i.e. $75 for a set of 1" extended shackles w/ everything vs. $50 w/out)

Should we make this a standard offering? Or offer the bushings/sleeves separate?

Thanks in advance for the replies :)

2. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'd include the bushings to save the hassle of looking around for some to fit. I don't see how the price difference for with or without bushings is that much different from buying separate in local stores and shops.

BTW, did you get a chance to find a 80s Monte Carlo ebrake caliper and snap a pic of the brackets and springs? I still haven't seen one mounted yet.

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

We just received another shipment of the smaller calipers you referenced. We are still waiting on the larger version from our supplier :( I'll snap a pic of them though. They are very similar in how they go together.

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Just make it an option...either 1/2" or 9/16" and with/ wothout bushings... this should cover everyone:D

5. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

That sounds like a pretty good upgrade price. typically one bushings seperatly w/ hardware is running about $7. when I order something that needs bushings i always get them new. its not worth the hassle to run the old stuff cause you know you're gonna change

6. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

I'd upgrade the hardware for all the kits, and run the bushings as an option for $25 extra.

Oh and Shane your shackles are beefy and I'm stoked I got them painted too. I'll post pics when I finally get my suspension in order.