Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are car stereo makers ravers?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Apr 19, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

What is up with Car stereo units that they all have to be neon colors and flash and strobe and have pictures and blah blah blah. I go to Best Buy and can't find anything that looks like a fairly stock head unit. You know just a simple black with big easy to read buttons. I'm not saying the colorful ones are too complex for me, but I just don't like them. I'd much rather something that looks entirely factory but was just a better quality than the factory stuff. I guess I'm the only one since I don't see them out there.

2. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

3. cfurtick

cfurtick Registered Member

Also look at some of the JVC arsenal series especially the AR560. Big volume knob, black face, good power etc..

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Ditto, go look at the alpine stuff.

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Same here. The new truck has some colorful screened sony thing. It does a little show when you're not listening to anything. Pretty annoying to see out of the corner of my eye when I'm trying to figure stuff out in the truck... I still have a mid 90's Sony head unit with a 10-disc changer I may put in there because it's easy to use. I have an old Kenwood in-dash I may use also.

I think all these new ones are going for the bling bling crowd, shooting for the guys that drop over $1k into their "System" and watch in-dash TV while they drive...

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Hit up Ebay and look for a JVC KD-LX50. I have one and it's the best head unit I've ever owned.

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Why? Because the ricers and wanna-be celebrities want it that way, and are willing to pay ludicrous sums of money to put that sh*t in their cars, so the mfgr's go where the money is.
    Sucks, but that's the way it is.