Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ARE K5 HARDTOPS COMPATIBLE WITH EACH OTHER?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SAVAGE1, May 24, 2000.

1. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I HAVE AN 85 BLAZER K5 AND I NEED A NEW HARD TOP FOR MY RIG. I WAS WONDERING IF THE OTHER YEAR BLAZERS TOPS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH THE 85... AND WHAT IS A REASONABLE PRICE FOR A USED TOP.

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

as far as my (limited) knowledge goes, all the half tops are compatible, but they used different bolts in different years. full tops are not compatible, i think.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

3. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

If I were you I would get a softtop. I thank they are fun. But I dont know if they are compatible.

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

4. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

YEAH A SOFT TOP IS ONE OF MY LATER OPTIONS... I JUST NEED A HARD TOP FOR THE SNOW TRIPS.

BLAZE IT UP!!!

5. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

If it's a half top it should be compatible with the half tops and if it's a full top than the full tops are compatible with the full tops, unless you cut your cabin to make the truck full convertible than you can use a full top hope my $0.02 help.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

6. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i'm almost positive someone was trying to sell me a topper that they had in their backyard or something. i'll try like heck to remember where exactly it is. besides, it never rains in california, what do you need a top for?
    i'm in the bay area too, so it should be fairly easy for you to get, if i find it.......
    BTW, where at in the bay? i live in brentwood and work in livermore. there's a handful of northen cali guys on the board, lets get a trip going.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

7. 87Blzr

87Blzr 1/2 ton status

They are a little different through the years but you can still use it. A while back I wanted to get rid of the cap of my 77 that I got rid of. So I took the cap off my 87 to put the 77 cap on to get rid of. The pins on the back of the quaters that go through the cap are in different locations. I believe thats the only difference and its a easy fix to drill new holes in the cap to match

8. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

HEY DELTA9 I LIVE IN ALAMEDA. ARE THERE ANY GOOD WHEELIN' SPOTS AROUND HERE? I JUST BOUGHT MY RIG SO ITS PRETTY STOCK. THIS IS MY FIRST 4X4 SO I'M PRETTY NEW THE THE SCENE. JUST GIVE ME SOME TIME TO BEEF HER UP AND I SHOULD BE READY TO GO!!

BLAZE IT UP!!!

9. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

hey I've got a black top off an 85 in good shape with roof rack and air dam but I live in southern AR. If your in the neighborhood and want it we could make a deal. But I think freight from here to CA. would be more than the top is.
    Slodawg