Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are M1008 truck street legal?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jays Beast, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

A freind told me that if I bought one I would not be allowed to take it off the base where I get it. Cause the trucks are not street legal, said I would have to prove I was going to take it apart or use it only offroad. Is this true or not??? I thought I could buy the truck and go to the base and tow the truck home. And after necassary repair smog check and registar it for what it is. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Thanks,
    Jason

2. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Thier street legal they give you the paper work to get a title when you buy the truck. Thier a few of them on the road around here.
    Earl

3. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

If you buy it from the gov., just be sure that a certificate to obtain a title [form SF97] will be issued for the truck. All you do is take the SF97 and the paid recipt to your local DMV and a title will be issued as a Chevy truck. Insurance should be no prob. either. Inspection will be pretty straight-forward too. All the CUCV blazers and trucks are very close to the same as their civi counterparts. I have 2 M1009 CUCV Blazers and have never had issues with title, license, etc... Just make sure a SF97 will be issued for the truck you are bidding on /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif thanks for the info still have 17 days /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif till the bid closes hoping to get the truck.

Thanks,
    Jason

5. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

Check with your state dmv. What I read on gov liqudations sais that the ..97 form is not accepted by all states.

6. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

Yep, forgot to mention that, and even if they do accept it you may get somebody at your DMV window who has no clue what a SF97 or GL is. I had that problem once. Just be polite and try to explain everything to them slowly, they'll get it eventually. You may have to talk to the supervisor. Hope you win it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif