Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are my vehicles magnetic?? (Rant)

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by mosesburb, Jul 1, 2003.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

So I'm on my way to my Mom's house after work today (to deliver her car that I just put a new A/C system in--48 deg F at 112 ambient), and I'm heading down to Accurate Lock to p/u an ign lock cyl for the Nova (typical GM--key wont come out of the cyl), rolling down SR51, LH lane and from a truck in the right hand lane comes a wooden shelf (?) air foiling its way directly to the right front of the Olds. Hit the hooks, no dice, board takes out the right front of her car (fiberglass header panel, complete RH headlight asm, sidemarker asm, pushed remnants of header panel over hood, so it was unopenable, pushed RH side of core support back). I cut across three lanes of traffic ready to do some more damage to the car by totalling this truck if they tried to run (they were not going to get away on my watch). They decided to stop. They get out of the truck (mid 80's Ford p/u), speaking VERY little english. All the driver wants to do is pay me cash. "I pay you cash" "I pay you five hundred dollars"(note: He had to go somewhere to get the money).......You know, I probably should have just beat the $500. out of him on the spot, but I refrained. After SEVERAL police cars passed us by (and my arms waving wildly to TRY to get their attention), finally a DPS officer stops. She doesn't want to be there (like I do). Starts reading me the riot act, because I gave her an out-dated insurance card. I tried stopping the lecture by giving her a current insrance card, but it didn't work...she had to finish. Turns out that my new spanish-speaking friends, who can't secure a load, ONLY have an insurance card that is out of date........just my luck (again....)(this same thing happend when my Nova got stuffed on I-10--luckily I, yes, I, had insurance to fix the damage to MY car that HE inflicted). So after about 45 minutes of smoking cigarettes, sweating my sack off (and refraining from turning my new friends into bloody pulp) the officer emerges from her air conditioned cruiser to get their information (she gets more angry when she can't understand what they are telling her). She gives me a copy of it and says I'm done. I ask, are they getting a ticket for unsafe load or no insurance, and I am promptly told to leave the scene and she will deal with it. Gee, thanks nice officer. So back on the road I go, trailing all kinds of bit and pieces of my Mom's formerly nice, straight car. So it looks like, again, I am going to end up fixing a vehicle that I didn't break. Luckily used parts aren't overly expensive, or too difficult to find for that vehicle, but it had to happen in the middle of summer, a week before my wife is to hatch, when time is overly precious to try and get a few other things done before this occurs. I'm sure you have the picture. I felt the need to bitch. I'm still pissed off (it WAS a nice car), but feeling slightly better.
    Thanks for listening.
    Nick

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Dang, sorry to hear that happened with all you got going now.

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Man, that sucks. FWIW, I'm with you, it's time to start beating those @#$%s down. I hope it works out for you (though it never will dealing with Mexican immigrants). Sorry to hear about the trouble... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain brother...and thats one of the biggest reasons we moved outa there...once the billboards went spanish and i had no frinkin clue what they were sellin it was time to go pronto...it'll only get worse. I love it up here in redneck ville....man when hunting season opens around here they roll up the sidewalks....

DW

5. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

If it isn't one thing it's another /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Same thing happened to me in my 88. This dude go a flat in the middle lane and I was on the fast lane. Idiot couldn't gradually change lanes to the right, he had to cut a hard left slamming on his brakes, by the time I reacted I was on his @ss. He bounced off me to the center divider bounced off that and into 3 other cars. He got cited for unsafe lane change and no insurance or license. Of course I spoke with a lawyerand found the guy works at Taco Bell prolly for min wage. So now I'm F'd out of luck w/a totalled truck /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif