Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

are rockers nessaccery??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1990K5, Jul 7, 2001.

1. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

has anyone cut off their rockers? not just under the door but from wheel well to wheel well and made it look clean? im thinking of doing this and welding in some 2x4 square tubing for rock sliders, maybe taper them on the ends so they look clean. any ideas guy's? thx--j.c.

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Nash
    It was depdog that did this .
    here is the link. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.com/chevy/tech/knocker/>http://www.off-road.com/chevy/tech/knocker/</A>

my truck's not dirty, it's earth tone paint

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Grim has also done it.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>

5. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

i've also donr the tubing rock sliders, i used 2x3 inch tubing. i wish i had used 2x4. but i am extremely happy with mine. my rockers were real F'd up. one major thing was that when i cut them out my body started to fold in and i couldnt close the door. i had to put the tubing under what was left of the rocker and jack it up till i could close my door, then weld it right were it was. but my trucks pretty tore up from wheelin over the years and you might not have the same problem.
    hope this helps. also good to have a friend around to hold the tubing. it gets heavy. or it'll work if you got two jacks.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    "With great power there must also come great responsibility" -Spiderman