Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are the Jet Streetmaster Q-jets any good?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wy4tt, Sep 10, 2005.

1. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

I'm looking at getting a rebuilt q-jet, and was wondering if any of you have experience with the Jet streetmaster line? The stage 2 looks ok for my use. It's a 750cfm. There's also an 800 cfm, but it looks too big. Tell me what you think. I've got the 350 HO crate motor that has:
    9:1.1 CR
    330 HP
    212/222 duration

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I have the same 350 HO and am curious about the stage 2's myself ... so I will give this a bump...

3. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have the Edelbrock Q-jet On my 406 it works great. And I've heard the jet carbs are better by far

4. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

Topdown, just thought I'd give you an update on the Jet. It works much better than the cheap holley that came with the crate. No surprise there, for what we use our rigs for. It doesn't feel like it has quite the same punch, but I haven't changed the jetting on it or anything. It's much smoother though and hassle free.

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Arent the Jet carbs supposed to come "tuned" for the engine? This is the one thing that I have been curious about.

If they come "tuned" (I.e. they ask you all the pertinent questions and they dont need to be fiddled with once you get them) or if they are just a really good/clean rebuild with a standard jetting that approximates what your engine should need.

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Jet makes a great carb. Yes they will tune it for you. Just call them and tell them your engine specs. They will send you a carb tuned for your engine.
    The last time I bought from them I was converting a guys boat from 2 bbl carb to 4 bbl. We got a jet carb to top it off. Installed it set the idle. It runs great.
    800cfm is what most SBC chevy trucks have on them.

7. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

X2
    The 800 is what I dropped on mine, bolted it on hooked it up, adjusted the idle and called it good. It seems to be just a little rich but not bad.
    I'm just waiting to swap in the 4.56 gears before I start to fine tune it.