Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

are the Lokar shifters gated?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryoken, Nov 14, 2004.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i'm trying to decide between the Art Carr and the Lokars..

what Lokars are peeps running? not sure which one i should be looking at.. the Carrs gate function is obvious, but i'd like to know how the Lokars work...

the tranny mount
    [​IMG]
    floor mount
    [​IMG]
    or the tail mount
    [​IMG]

i'm thinking the tranny mount looks like the best choice but have no idea if its just a straight shift with little detents or if it has any gated type action to it.. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

right now i'm leaning towards the AC, mainly cuz i dont know the details on the Lokars.. thanks for any info guys... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i was thinking about getting one, i don;t think they are gated, the only thing preventing shifting is the detent spring in the tranny.

3. k5blaz

k5blaz Registered Member

nope sorry there not gated we use them in streetrods alot. hope this helps /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

They do have some sort of a gate. Definately not a gated shifter like an Art Carr, but I dont think you would have any problems with it. They do have a gated feel. I know most of the Twisted Customs buggies have the Lokars, so they cant suck that hard.

Edit: BTW, go for the tranny mount, it is by far the best one for our app.

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

it looks like it wont work with a trasnfercase behind the tranny, look at where the shifter bolts onto the case... the same plaace that the transfercase bolts on. that plate would have to go in between the two...