Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are there any Doctors in the house? Where does all the snot come from?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cybrfire, Sep 23, 2004.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

UGGGGH> /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Its your brain melting. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. cybrfire

It must be my brain melting. Isn't there some kind of industrial application for this stuff. If it's worth anything anywhere I could be rich.

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

cotton balls or ear plugs /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Just suck it in and swallow

6. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just suck it in and swallow

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. cybrfire

[ QUOTE ]
    cotton balls or ear plugs /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My head would explode!

[ QUOTE ]
    just suck it in and swallow

[/ QUOTE ]

That's discusting. I think I'll pass but thanks for the suggestion. Besides if I did that I be full before dinner time.

8. Resurrection_Joe

If I could get it to catch on, millions of trees would be saved!

*sssnnngghhhhhhthhhhkkKKKKKKKK* *swallow*

Yeahhhhhhhhh

9. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I'm no doctor, but my guess is it's water from your body being drawn out, and then collecting whatever it is that's causing the "effect" and dragging it out with it. IE: pollen. etc.

After all, I have never seen a "snot tank" in a human anotomy diagram. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    I have never seen a "snot tank" in a human anotomy diagram.

[/ QUOTE ]Oh sure it's located right below the booger dispenser...Unless it's an import that is... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

mucous is normal, the body produces it all the time to help trap tiny particles. Normally it drips into the back of your throat, and you probably don't notice it. Mucous produciton increases if there is a response to something 'bad'(bacteria etc) and it thickens, because the body is producing mucous and shoving white blood cells (the bodies 'fighing' cells) out to kill what it doesn't like. You get all congested because the small nasal passages get plugged by this mass production. Ya don't want to take something to 'stop' it, you need something to help produce more (more liquid i mean) mucous. Unless its allergy related, don't take an antihistamine, take some sort of med to make it flow. Such as sudafed. The same goes for a chest cold, guifenisen (active ingrediant in robitussin) is good. If you take something to make it stop dripping, in most cases you'll end up dryin the mucous up-and it can't naturally flow out...can lead to an infection. Noo good! Hope that helped /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

12. Resurrection_Joe

Oh Mr. Facy Too Good To Hack And Hork like the normals!

That was bit too medical for my head

13. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I don't know but here is some kind of bug going around. I just want to /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif my head from my body right now. This sh!t sucks. Luckily today is friday for me and I have a week to recover /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

14. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh i got somethin to, dont know if its allergies or a cold, have felt like crap since last sunday, everybody at school is sick too it sounds like. Sittin in chem class w/ 180 other people, *sniffle**cough**cough**sneeze**honk**hack* etc.

15. cybrfire

No need to take anything to make it flow here. Running all day yesterday and all night and now still flowing good today. It is really abnormal for me to come down with any sickness. My middle son brought it home from school I suppose but what can ya do. Now I have been trying to quarantine myself from the rest of my family. That is hard to do.

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

You'd be great for my doctor, all he seems to diagnose is post nasal drip. So far everyone in my family has gotten a wonderful prescription to the same pfiser pretty packaging drug...Which made me worse, and hasn't effected the white dots in my throat...
    My dad was the only one of us to get a second opinion, and he turns out to have a lung infection. Gotta love drug companies that send sales reps to doctors. Make us all get better so quick...

17. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

well, if you have white spots in your throat I hope your Dr. at least got a swab to send off for a culture (test for strep growth on a petri dish-takes 48 hrs to get a result). Post nasal drip is common, and it does irritate your throat too. What Pfiser packet did he pass out to the family??

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Nope, no swab. His nurse even said I should be tested for strep when she was taking my vitals, but he didn't seem interested...

I think it's allerx? He gave me a sample pack and a prescription. I could just get the rest of my wife's prescription from last week, since it made her feel worse and he prescribed like 2 boxes, and we only got 1. I'm not getting the prescription cause I'm already ticked it was $60+ for hers, and the sample I took dried me out so much my throat musta been a hundred times worse. I wasn't at all congested nor runny, I think he's on the take. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I was unable to speak for 1 day, not clearly for 4 days, and earlier this week I was barely able to eat or drink.