Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are these brands good?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Mar 25, 2001.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I am looking to change my gears in my 82 K30. It now has 4.10's and I want to go to 4.88's. I am looking to get the complete package deal with 4WheelParts. They show the D60 gears are from Dana/Spicer and the rear 14FF are Genuine Gear. I have heard positive stuff about the D/S, but what does everyone think of the GG? I have had gears from 4WP before, but that was like 8 or 9 years ago. I plan on installing these ratios with a Detroit Locker in the rear and a Pow'r Lok in the front. The Pow'r Lok is from Precision Gear. Anybody have opinions?

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Ok my opinions would be that GG sucks canal water in a high stress or power application. Saw a lot of guys crack them up. Never have run US gear so can't help you there. I do know Richmond and Percision gear are the best for gears IMO. Have never had any problems with either one. Richmond is what I have run in my drag racer... that had approx 600 hp BBC, 4.10's and slicks... so I bet it would live up to just about anything. Also... just my $.02 worth... but I'd call up drivetrain direct... I have used them quite a bit and they are the best... great service and the techs can help guide you to anything you need. I don't work for them or noth'n, but like to guide fellow k5'ers to good venders and also don't mind helping anyplace that has been so good to me... <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.drivetraindirect.com>http://www.drivetraindirect.com</A>

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status