Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are they going overboard ???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Rushmore
    The nation’s shrine of democracy is preparing for the worst. Tuesday, emergency management officials announced plans for a massive terrorist attack exercise at Mt. Rushmore this Saturday. Organizers say the event will span many agencies, and leave little to chance. Pennington County Emergency Management Official Park Owen says, "This is a big deal. This is a major, annual, full-scale response exercise where we actually move apparatus and people. The helicopters will be flying." Area hospitals will also take part, by treating people with simulated injuries, and police will look for suspects in the fake attack. The simulation will include more than 100 victims and 200 responders from federal and state agencies.

[/ QUOTE ] I really don't think Mt. Rushmore would be high on Osama's list. What do you think ??? I was half tempted to go up there with a plastic block with the word "explosive" writen on it with majic marker to see if they could find my plastic explosive. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was half tempted to go up there with a plastic block with the word "explosive" writen on it with majic marker to see if they could find my plastic explosive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will buy you two cases of your favorite adult beverage if you do that, plus scream "Allah Akbar" while approaching them....... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

And get it captured on video...... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    And get it captured on video......

[/ QUOTE ] Don't need video, just knowing Paul is locked up in a nut house where he can't get on the internet will be good enough for me.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

i'll add two more cases to the /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't need video, just knowing Paul is locked up in a nut house where he can't get on the internet will be good enough for me....

[/ QUOTE ]

Y'all actually think if a bunch of gun-toting cops see some long hair weirdo holding a gray block of "something" screaming "Allah Akbar" that the yahoo in question would actually see jail bars? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I believe they would take that QUITE seriously and Paul would be locked up... I agree with Paul that this would not be high up on Osama's list as there would be few human casualties. He's into blood, not rocks...

7. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

No kidding..you'd catch some bullets..that or make them soil their pants /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I was half tempted to go up there with a plastic block with the word "explosive" writen on it with majic marker to see if they could find my plastic explosive.

[/ QUOTE ] Was nothing more than me making a joke. I do think a terrorist drill at Mt. Rushmore is a waste of tax payers money. Terrorist would go after big citys like NYC, Chicago, LA, ... ect. I doubt very much that they'd attack Mt. Rushmore out in the hills. It's amazing how meny people around here think they will though. Shall we say that they're not the brightest crayons in the box. Anyways, the drill has been canceled till sept. becouse of the Keystone fire.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Terrorist would go after big citys like NYC, Chicago, LA, ... ect.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, there is a certain logic in attacking small towns as well.... people in boonies-ville america think they are safe because the terrorists will only attack "big citys like NYC, Chicago, LA, ... ect"... if they carried out a strike against a small town they could spread fear across the entire country as opposed to just the top 5 largest population centers.

j

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Terrorist would go after big citys like NYC, Chicago, LA, ... ect. I doubt very much that they'd attack Mt. Rushmore out in the hills. It's amazing how meny people around here think they will though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know how terrorists think. Their main objective is to strike terror, hence the name...........

What do you think would happen to tourism if a group decided to hit Mt. Rushmore?

Y'all heard the reports of these clowns running around places like Florida and Minnesota looking to take flight lessons. You didn't hear about the incidents where they were out in BF Oklahoma trying to get Mr. Small Town spray pilot to give them flight lessons or trying to take a tour of a feedlot. This all happened before 9-11.