Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

are they worth it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88-3/4t-bad boy, Jul 4, 2006.

1. 88-3/4t-bad boy

88-3/4t-bad boy 1/2 ton status

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Probably ride like arse....

3. 88-3/4t-bad boy

yeah. i have the rear leaf springs to replace the aal and to lower it to just a 2 inch block the only thing i am worried about is the front springs. they claim that the company does it with name brand equipment but idk.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have seen them. yellow bushings. and other brand with yellow is super lift. thay ride stiff so i have read from others.

5. 88-3/4t-bad boy

what about skyjacker front springs? how do they ride?

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

o.k. but with the problems i have had with that company in the past in the line of work i am in and the trucks i work on. thay wont get anymore of my money. and the customer wasnt happy at all with there kit also.

we hear at ck5 like tuff country for price / flex / ride. and bds for best ride / flex / and warrenty.

7. 88-3/4t-bad boy

does tuff country carry 8 inch springs?

8. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

No they don't 6" is as high as they go.
    NTW "kits" are super lift springs and whatever shocks they can round up there okay kits I've bought a bunch over the last few years . 8" lifts ride like **** Skyjacker and Superlift. I have/had both companys kits the Superlifts SEEM a little softer but it's hard to say one was a Blazer with a 454 and the other is my brown 3/4 ton (it rides really bad and has Skyjerkers)

9. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a 9" superlift all spring, no block and it rides terrible also. You can't really get past 6" or so and expect it to ride nicely and the closer you approach 10" you might as well throw any and all flex out the window. It serves my purpose as I do mud/sand <---we all know how well that went
    so keep that in mind when getting spring packs that big. That being said if your going over 6" I wouldn't really worry too much about what company you get them from. They all seem to be pretty generic especially since they all have the yellow Superlift bushings in them. :doah:

-Avery

10. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

If you want 8 inch springs I got a complete set I'll sell to you, 400.00 plus shipping. they are skyjackers with new red poly bushings, installed but never driven on (don't ask, long story)

I'm totally gutting my blazer for the truggy thing, so no more tall springs,

if your interested email me. BoondocK5@hardcore4x4.com
    I'll get back to you as soon as I can, a day or two

11. 88-3/4t-bad boy

well living in the coastal region of texas its mosty mud. how much of a difference is it. i mean compared to a six or four. i have both. articulation wise. :confused: also do t-case drops work well with them? 16 and on a budget sucks

12. Avery4jc

I'll tell ya' what yes a tc drop always helps but is it necessary for fellow teenagers like ourselves? I don't think so.

What some of the guys and gals talk about on here compared to what yourself, bigblaze and myself have the room, time, $$$ what have you to do is different. Stop and think about what you can really do in a reasonable amount of time so that you can get out there and have fun. You are lucky because you started w/ a 3/4 ton truck so your drivetrain is already bulletproof for what you would do. Get a 6" lift, trim the fenders, some big meats and new gears in the axles and go for it. Just my $0.02 though.

-Avery

13. 88-3/4t-bad boy

already have all of that. your right. i just got paid from work so i was a lil pay day rich.

14. Avery4jc

Happens to the best of us. I wish I was in your shoes because you can have some fun w/ the cosmetic/function side of things. Maybe save for a nice prerunner/bull bar with a nice winch. Or possibly a light bar and some floods.

-Avery

15. 88-3/4t-bad boy

yeah. i got alot of interior work to spend money on. just put in a new clutch and flywheel friday. havent put the transfer case in. snapped the reverse light cable so i ordered one. so i got like $900 to spend on this hoe. so i got to put the new lift i bought on it. i was already going to trim it since it looks like a pos. all because my 1/2 ton went to hell. :(

16. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

if you look at some of the other vehicles the pics show superlift..but pics could be decieving.

17. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i bought my 64's from there, cheap and was at my door in 3 days...no complaints here :)

18. Avery4jc

no complaints about my Superlift springs either. They are pretty stiff but hey they are like 9" lift springs so I couldn't expect anything better.

-Avery