Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are Tuff Country shocks any good?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shum1, Nov 1, 2000.

1. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

Getting ready to put a TC lift in my rig, are their shocks any good? Which ones? Nitro or Cellular? Thanks

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I have never heard ofanyone using them, but if it were me, I would get a proven brand of shocks that everone has success with. I dont know how much the TCs cost, but my suggestion would be to go with Rancho 5000s or 9000s, but not RSX because they aren't long enough for a 3" lift.

90K5

3. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

Todd 78/87 has them. If you can get ahold of him maybe he can tell you.

4. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

Shum,

Know of anygood trails in the Salt Lake area?

5. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

Shum,

Know of anygood trails in the Salt Lake area?

6. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

I'm sorry to say but I don't really go 4x4ing much. I use my rig mainly for getting me to the tops of mtns for fishing and hang-gliding. Take it easy.

7. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Shum1,,, yes, I have them,,, at first I thought they either sucked or they sent me the wrong ones... I've got 3" front, 4" rear TC springs with 6 Nitro 8000 shocks... my ride is pretty stiff... but I let out some air in the tires and found at least one broken body mount,, so I need to get that fixed before I can really asses them.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Haines,Alaska

8. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

HEY TODD: I'm planning the same exact setup, how does the 4" rear w/ 3" front look? Do you have any drive train vibrations? Did you have to get any new steering mods, if so did it make a difference? Did you drop t-case or shim springs? What tires/wheels are you running? Did they give you the kit price with the different sized springs? Sorry for all the questions but youre the first Ive heard who is using the exact setup I want. Thanks.

9. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

here's my rig- [​IMG]

10. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Shum1, I was originally going to go with 3" springs all the way around. When I told them it was for a K5,, he said "OK,, I'll send 3" fronts and 4" rears." Looks great! http://www.ak-k5.coloradok5.com
    I didn't need any steering mods cuz I took off these monster springs.. 9 leafs in front and 11 in the rear! so it already had a drop arm. Anyway,, yes, I had to lower the xfer case with the spacers and I had a complete new driveline made,, only cuz my old one was shot. I'm running 33x12.5's on 15 x 8's Hurricains,, I think is what they are. Yes,, the price was exactly the same with the different springs.
    Don't apologize for the questions, Dude,,, that's what we're all here for.[​IMG]
    Anything else,, just ask.........

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Haines,Alaska