Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are we wheeling somewhere this weekend or what? **UPDATE**

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by FWP, Apr 7, 2004.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

<font color="red">Looks like we'll be in Florence this weekend. I'm getting ready to come down to phx now. Anybody wants to come out is welcome, we'll be on channel 10. Trail runs usually start about 8-9 am. Send a PM to Rob for my cell # (I'll be offline obviously) for my cell # if you need more info. Laters, have a good weekend.... Fred</font> I have 3 days off, Fri, Sat and Sunday. I'm going somewhere to wheel/ camp dammit /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif what's the deal there Marv and Rob, you've been silent... hehe. Are we going to Parker or what? How bout the rest of you guys? what are you doing this weekend?

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Re: Are we wheeling somewhere this weekend or what?

I wouldn't mind goin somewhere, but i don't think i can do Parker though, alittle too far from home for me, i have to stay within calling distance of my mom and be in when the street lights come on. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My pops is coming up from Tucson for Easter , and finally see my new house. Now two weeks from now I'm off again all weekend /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I just read that Annihilator is open again. Better call Russ. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I already knew that. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif And the buggy is pretty much ready, plus my daughter wants to go somewhere this weekend. But it can't be too far out or too long being Easter weekend and all...

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I'll try a stab at anialator.... um.... ya.... after x-over is done.

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

We might could do a couple of weeks from now as well for what it's worth. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

8. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll try a stab at anialator.... um.... ya.... after x-over is done.

[/ QUOTE ] Got winch...hehe, that goes for you too Russ /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif... Got into building/ welding up the cage pieces, and totally forgot about the cleanup effort out at Annihilator /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Just got a look at the pics from last sat on PBB, holy crap batman! I had no idea that it was stacked that much, but the first time I saw it was 2 years ago. Now it's something to behold, in it's original state /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I don't think I'll be doing it again, unless I just need to practice my winching technique /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. BadDog

[ QUOTE ]
    Got winch...hehe, that goes for you too Russ ...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Actually, yes I do. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif But I haven't built a mount for it yet... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

10. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Got winch...hehe, that goes for you too Russ ... Got into building/ welding up the cage pieces, and totally forgot about the cleanup effort out at Annihilator . Just got a look at the pics from last sat on PBB, holy crap batman! I had no idea that it was stacked that much, but the first time I saw it was 2 years ago. Now it's something to behold, in it's original state I don't think I'll be doing it again, unless I just need to practice my winching technique

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I saw those photos on PBB as well, holy moley! Do you think all those boulders they moved were stacked by people or washed in by the rain?

11. FWP

FWP CRS

I'd say stacked /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, and then filled in with sand and smaller rocks by the rain...As you can tell I'm not a big fan of stacking. yeah, sometimes you need to in a stuck, but unstack when you're done /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

12. BadDog

And don't go in *knowing* your going to need significant stacking. It's one thing to say, "I think I can make it... oops... better throw *a* rock under the tire.". Or maybe even 6 or 7 depending. But if someone has to build a road, they shouldn't have even tried it since either they don't have a clue of their abilities (and so shouldn't be pushing that far) or they are just hard headed and arrogant (my truck can go ANYWHERE!). For some reason it's those in the last 2 categories that leave all their stacks around to "help the next guy". Their too ignorant or arrogant to realize what they've done... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I don't mean to sound harsh, but that's how I see it. Can you tell I don't care for the stackers either?

13. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I believe in stack only what you are willing to unstack. The anialator issue was a lot of stacking over the years (a lot is a big under statement). I really want to try that trail after I get my x-over in (I might make it a really early AM run in a month of so).
    Back to the question of wheeling. I'll be able to make a TM run on sunday (I am working sat *suprise*) I want something that will give some good seat time for the dual lockers I am running now. (That is right I got 4wd now, no more is your front end broken? from the penut gallery ie rob, harley ect.)

14. BadDog

That would be most anything out there after all the rain we've had. It's going to be messy!

And I just realized, my daughter's soccer season starts Saturday, so my only day open is Friday. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Short notice, but I might be able to make a Friday run (was planning on Sat), but the rest is a no show for me... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

15. FWP

FWP CRS

I'm still waiting to hear from Marv or Rob /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif. I'll have to call em when I get home tonight...But I'm ready to go at a moments notice /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif