Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are white spoke wheels ALOT heavier than alloys?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shum1, Oct 29, 2000.

1. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

I kinda want to go cheap on wheels so I can get the tires I want. I'm thinking about going steel because they are cheaper to replace. Will I notice any performance differences between steel and alloys? I'm running 33's on 10X15 rims with a 700r and 3.73's I also want to avoid bogging down my rig with extra rotational weight. Thanks.

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

it depends on what you are going to do with your ride... if you go crawlin' then you definately want to get steel instead of aluminum... kinda hard to beat out dents on cast alum. also you have to keep up on cleaning your wheels alot or else they'll stain and look nasty forever

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

3. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
  4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

My spare 35" tire is mounted on a 15x8 whitespoke and is definitely heavier than the 15x10 Eagle 589's (aluminum) that I run on the truck.

5. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I now have (2) sets of steel wheels and love them. Easy to take care of. I have American racing 767's and some others that I believe are eaton wheels. Both very strong.