Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are you a packrat?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CyberSniper, Feb 10, 2004.

1. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ah, thats nothing /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

my ex in-laws house looks like that or worse, they also have a basement filled... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif strange people...

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

It's in Folsom, which is not far from me. I should be nice and tell that guy I'll help him sell that crap on ebay for a small cut of the money. Probably take years! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif YARD SALE /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif just do not ask me to do it /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

What he needs to do is secretly start taking stuff out of the boxes and listing it on ebay (leaving empty box in its place). Then tell his mom about the great "deals" he found on ebay for her. Collect the money from a PO Box and mail the items back to her. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

holy crap, i HATE clutter!!!!

most rooms should look like this...

[​IMG]

j

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Best thing about being unemployeed for a year.... you sell all your [darn]!

Seriously though, that guy needs to give his mom a weeks vacation and have an auction before she comes back. Then welcome her to a cleaned house, with furniture thats usuable, open windows, a new tv and computer and hand her a roll of cash and say start over! Because she does have a problem... I think My dad is about the same way with rebates from the computer stores... BUT ITS FREEEEEEEE after rebate... we MIGHT use it one of these days /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I wonder if technology making us more enabled has also made us more empty.
    I think this is also a form of depression, and the junk is an attempt to fill a void.

16% of Americans suffered Depression in 2003. Probably more, I suspect myself and plenty of people I know have been in depression without knowing it or being included in a statistic...

All in all, though, if I were the kid that lived there, holy frikkin crap, I'd be going nuts selling the stuff on Ebay...

10. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    if I were the kid that lived there, holy frikkin crap, I'd be going nuts selling the stuff on Ebay...

[/ QUOTE ]

""" on the phone ( yes i want the 40 yard dumpster and 2 of them ASAP thank you )""""""" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

my neighbor's house is actually worse than that( i swear to god).i think she supplies furniture for border jumpers,there is a small path through her entire house about 18inches wide. some white dudes cut the lock off her garage about 3 years ago and to a bunch of stuff in some vans. but the ultimate pack-rat shrine goes yo my friend tim's dad.they have a two car garage that you can't even open the service door on because there is so much crap.the alter to this shrine is a 66 charger thats been parked in the same spot of that garage for THIRTY ONE YEARS /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif. WTF?? when tim told me last year i laughed for hours,i kept picturing a bunch of people kneeling on mopar floor mats bowing towards the door. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

That is disgusting, and she really should get some help. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Screw eBay and screw sending the mom on a vacation. Knock her out with some drugs and just empty the damn house into a very large dumpster sitting outside the house! Thats just pathetic! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

When mom awakens, tell her the house was robbed and let it go from there. She will never be able to name off every little item to the po-po. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

14. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

looks like she makes a trip to Staples or some other stationary shop with all of those printer paper boxes. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

15. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

If you read the frikkin long post he made she gets them from work /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif BTW, I would DIE if I had to live like that /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

16. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the link. I managed to burn almost an entire day at work reading thru that horrendously long thread /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

17. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks for the link. I managed to burn almost an entire day at work reading thru that horrendously long thread /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing you have such an interesting job /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

18. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing you have such an interesting job /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

:flipoff:

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif