Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are you for or against Pres. Bush?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chevit, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

and why... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

ummm... Yea... cuz he's gettin peoples asses kicked like it aint no thang... and umm... the VP's from Wyoming... y'all...

I guess I'm just for the president :P I assume the person in the position is competent, otherwise they wouldn't BE the president, and trust that their decisions will do a country good... or something... or in otherwords, I don't really give a flyin [I love Jeeps] about politics /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm just a tad on the "for" side.

As for why, I'll keep it short, but sweet.

He has been unleashing the might of the US amongst some of the malcontents of the world.

Yet back here at home, he sucks up to Mexico and refuses to do anything about that problem.

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Ask somebody in Florida!

5. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

He has been unleashing the might of the US amongst some of the malcontents of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes he has unleashed the might of the U.S. but he has no follow up plan after all this might has been unleashed and has put our troops in a bad situation both in Afghanistan and Iraq. I am not saying these countries and people should not be dealt with, but after we run them over with all of our might there has been NO after the fact plan... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes he has unleashed the might of the U.S. but he has no follow up plan after all this might has been unleashed and has put our troops in a bad situation both in Afghanistan and Iraq. I am not saying these countries and people should not be dealt with, but after we run them over with all of our might there has been NO after the fact plan... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you dont know the follow up plan dosent mean there isnt one. Even if the news says there is no follow up plan, there might be one in actuality.

Im on the Yes side btw. With out writing a paper on the topic and arguing with the inevitable idiots that like to argue about this stuff, I believe that Bush will be hailed in history as one of the best presidents of our time. With Regan. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you dont know the follow up plan dosent mean there isnt one. Even if the news says there is no follow up plan, there might be one in actuality.

Im on the Yes side btw. With out writing a paper on the topic and arguing with the inevitable idiots that like to argue about this stuff, I believe that Bush will be hailed in history as one of the best presidents of our time. With Regan. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What did Regan do... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What did Reagan do...

[/ QUOTE ]

Rebuilt the military /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Seams to me with all that is going on, we need to rebuild again, because with all the places we have been, and are going, we are turning up a little short handed... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Killing people is not always he answer... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

As long as he is the president, I will be "for" him though next election... I will be voting for someone else to be "for"

Let me just say this... within hours of him taking office he made the statement "beware the recession" and within hours, not days, We started falling into a recession. I also have two words Tax Defecit. I mean, not that spending trillions of dollars to put missiles on a moving train across the U.S./Canada border isnt a kick-ass idea ( /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif ) but I have to think that we can spend that $$ somewhere else... like at home in my pocket buying parts for my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Deffinately FOR! I just seen the proposed pay raise for the military for fiscal year 2004. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My family can use every little bit. I would do this job for free as long as my family was taken care of. So when we have a republican in office it makes it even better. Because I know that there is someone lookin out for those of us that put it on the line in the interest of our country!
    Just an opinion of an honest workin man that usually keeps quiet around here! But this is very dear to my heart, as I am sure it is for every Service Member.

12. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

We're running out of troops very quickly. They are considering activating the National Gaurd again to send more troops over seas. How are we gonna pay for all this and who's going to gaurd the nation on our home front?

I think we are spreading ourselves a little thin in our quest to take over the world...

13. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Deffinately FOR! I just seen the proposed pay raise for the military for fiscal year 2004. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My family can use every little bit. I would do this job for free as long as my family was taken care of.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

I vote Libertarian

15. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We're running out of troops very quickly. They are considering activating the National Gaurd again to send more troops over seas. How are we gonna pay for all this and who's going to gaurd the nation on our home front?

I think we are spreading ourselves a little thin in our quest to take over the world...

[/ QUOTE ]

Blame Clinton for that

16. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I am for the President, and here is why.
    The United States has decided now is the best time to take care of the pestilance (sp?) known as terrorism, for, ultimately the sake of future generations of Americans. If you allow the disease to spread, so to speak, eventually it will take over. As to how to pay for it, we are the economic giant of the entire world, and our economy is based on one of our most abundant natural resources-iron. For the sake of your children and grandchildren, this daunting task of ridding the world of those that would force their views on the American way of life must be undertaken. Sacrifices by few are made for the good of the many.

John

17. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    We're running out of troops very quickly

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know who you are getting your info from but we are not running out of troops. Yes we have lost people in war but thats what happens when you get shot at (I know), The deaths that have happened though are very low considering the amount of fighting we did, we lose more people during peace time with training and off duty deaths. My regiment was in An Nasiriyth, the worse battle of the war and we lost 23 people, most in the first days of the fight in ambushes.

As for being for or agianst, you always have to support the commander in chief, he was put into that positon by the majority of the country. The taking of Afganistan and Iraq had to happen to make this country safe for us and our children. That is the bottom line, the inteligence comunity cannot be expected to keep the country safe when there are countries trying to attack it, they do not have that capability, they can and do however have to ability to ID those that would do us harm and let the military take care of the problem.

On the topic of the recesion, that had started while Clinton was still in office, the effects didnt start to show until Bush had taken office, the country does not lose that much money in "hours". Clinton himself admitted that during his 7th year the economy started to falter.

18. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

The President has arrived...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

A big "FOR" our president and Commander in Chief..
    Here's why..
    He's rebuilding the Military .. which I'm in.. and thankful for due the the current ecomony situations = no jobs !!!President Bush is definately the guy we want in office with the current situations going on in the world. Can you imagine if Al Bore.. or um.. I mean Gore was elected? holy sheeeeit !!! we'd be in a world of hurt.
    Plus.. he's an azzkicker from Texas..... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I really hope he's re-elected... he's got my vote !!!!!

20. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Dope smokin' hippy peacenic's that don't give a [I love Jeeps] about the future of this nation.

John