Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are you mechanicly inclined? Of course you are, you're a CK5 member!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rjfguitar, Mar 4, 2004.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Are you mechanicly inclined? Of course you are, you\'re a CK5 member!

Ever notice how some people that drive modified vehicles or people that are into car related stuff just don't understand mechanics in general? I talk to people all the time that have a lifted truck, muscle car...and don't know their butt hole from a hole in the ground. Or they ask you how to fix something or how something works and when you're done explaining they look at you like this... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif or /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif or /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif or /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif...... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Anyway, CK5 is the only place where I can actually talk about in depth stuff with smart people and even get confused myself at times. I just wan't to say thanks for knowing WTF you're talking about. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: Are you mechanicly inclined? Of course you are, you\'re a CK5 member!

[ QUOTE ]
    I just wan't to say thanks for knowing WTF you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

We do???????????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I don't know about y'all, but I was told this was a great place to pick up sheep..........

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I think we were all misled on that one bubba

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i am very mechanically inclined, but have absolutely no sense when it comes to remembering proper part names. I don't really try either. Knowing or not knowing what something is assigned as a name is meaningless....except when you need to ask for the part /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]

I was told this was a great place to pick up sheep..........

[/ QUOTE ]

[little sheep sound]bbaahhhhh bahhhhh baaahhhhh [/little sheep sound] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I like when people look at my 1911 and ask "Hey is that a .22?" or "What's that, a .38?"

I'm only about halfway there on the mechanical thing

7. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We do???????????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I don't know about y'all, but I was told this was a great place to pick up sheep..........

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

SHEEPESES!

[​IMG]

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I'm not very mechanically inclined /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

I try to learn as much as I can helping the people who help me work on my truck, and just going out and messing with stuff trying not to break it... So I'm not TOTALLY stupid when it comes to trucks... but I still don't know much /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I work on Chevy's everyday, does that make me mechanically inclined?

10. rjfguitar

I am pretty mechanicly inclined because I work on commercial diesels and trailers half of the time not to mention my K5 but my best feature is remembering specs. I have a great memory and can remember how to do things I haven't done in a while.

11. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

I'm really not mechanically inclined yet, thats why I'm here. I've only been a member a few months, and I think I have learned way more here than I could from one manual.

On the subject of talking to people you dont know anything at all about cars but think they do; Whenever I talk to someone like this and after 2 minutes its clear that even I know more than them, I ask them if they're running a stock "woofervalve" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif or if its "one of them high performance woofervalves". They're like "Uh, yeah! I just replaced that baby last week! This one gives me 20% horsepower." Then you go on and ask them if they have ever seen the "multiple inlet woofervalve" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifon the really nice cars. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifThey go "funny you should mention, I just remembered that I have an NOS multiple inlet woofervalve, cost me uh, uh" you say about $85? They go "Yup, thats it, thats the one." After another minute of trying not laugh from asking dumb questions about nonexistent car parts, you calmly tell him that there is no such thing as a woofervalve, and politely ask him if he ate paint chips as a kid. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I'm sorry to waste everyones time with that, I just wanted to see if anyone else has ever done that. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I was tired when I wrote this, so thats my excuse

-pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

What are talking about, Whats a wrench? Whats torque specs?
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif
    BIll

13. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Whats a wrench?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is your wrenches

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

14. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    I just wanted to see if anyone else has ever done that. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] A "woofervalve" is pretty good but my main ones that I use on people are a "kanuke valve" or "muffler bearings" and never forget for the very dense yay who... "blinker fluid." /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

15. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Whats a wrench?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is your wrenches

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I thought it was the thingy with a long wooden thingy and a ah ya know the heavy steel thingy on the end of the wooden thingy! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Bill

16. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

At the car shows we like to pound a couple beers and then walk around to all the 'show trucks' like 18" lifted superdutys and crap..
    When we find the owner next to his truck bragging.. 'hey dude is this truck 4wd?' ..."YAH" 'Oh really you ever use it?' "Oh Yah!" .... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif 'Thats not 4wd... Nice invisible front driveshaft man!' /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Another time i had to ask a kid about his big block camaro that was similar to mine... 'Hey dude what transmission you got in this thing?' 'What gears?' At least he told me straight up, "I don't know." I peaked my head under his car and told him, 'uh just for future reference, you have a turbo 400.' /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Thats how it was in Hawaii. Lifted trucks everywhere, owners that had no clue about anything. I was talking to a guy at a gas station when i was filling up, he has an 85 toyota on 44" boggers. Then i noticed he had stock axles. I asked him if he wheeled it, knowing the housing would never hold up to 44's if he wheeled it hard. and he said all the time. I asked if he at least had any birfield upgrades up front, and he said "i have a truss on the rear axle, do you mean that?". I then looked under again and noticed the lovely push-pull steering with the massive dropped drag link and the missing front driveshaft. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I asked him one last question, where do you wheel it? His reply= "on the beach".

18. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

19. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    never forget for the very dense yay who... "blinker fluid." /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, "blinker fluid", /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif thats awesome, i have to give that one a try

-pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

20. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

This reminds me of one time in the mid 80's, I was working at a Chief auto parts in Cali.. Any way, this dude comes up to the counter and asks me for an Alternator for a 79 Chevy Mustang,, /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I looked at him and said "excuse me" and he said "an Alternator for a 79 Chevy Mustang".... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I told him Chevy didn't build the Mustang and he argued that "NO!, mine is a Chevy Mustang"..... I said let's go out and take a look, when I saw the thing it was a totally blacked out Mustang with no badges but the Mustang on the trunk and I told him it was a Furd and he said "No, look it says Chevy here".. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Turns out he had just bought it a week prior and it had "Chevy" floormats in it.. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif