Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Are you on medication ??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 7, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

For your Psychological problems ??? Well, the doctor is in, tell me all about it.

2. TheMdntRdr

TheMdntRdr Newbie

I have to take two tablespoons of Beaver Oil every morning.

3. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Two beaver bisquits in the evening and I'm almost sane... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think beaver pie works better than beaver biscuits or beaver oil /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif! Now I will admit that a little beaver oil does make the beaver pie go down easier /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif!!

5. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

On a serious note,
    I started taking Wellbutrin/Zyban about 2 1/2 yrs ago to quit smoking. I quit, but decided to stay on it because it gave me extra energy. My doc told me that it was ok to have a few cocktails while on it, but that was only thing he really said. I asked some acquaintances of mine that were on a similar drug if they drank while on it. They said yes(should have known better not to ask people who were "weekend warriors" and probably immune to the stuff...
    Well needless to say alcohol plus the Wellbutrin turned me into a raving nutcase. Bad, bad, bad.
    Do not mix the two for any of you folks that are contemplating using it to quit smoking. I never actually read up on what the combination does to you until it got real bad. I thought I was going crazy. A friend of mine put two and two together and I now see what it did to me. Needless to say, I won't be taking that anymore. Not only did it make me nuts, but on a day-to-day basis I was cranky, irritable, depressed, paranoid and had memory loss. It will take a bit to get out of my system, but I'm just glad I am now aware of it. I went on some message boards to look into it further and apparently not too many folks are having good experiences with it, drinking on it or not.

6. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

On that same note I would like to ask why every other page in magazines like cosmopolitan, womens day..ect (I am married and spent a couple hours in the OB Gyn with my wife and there was nothing else to read) is an ad for Prozac, Zoloft or some other psych drug...WTF?? They are pushing dope as far as I am concerned! When I am reading Maxim, playboy, penthouse, juggs, beaver oil times, OUI, high Society, Hustler, or 4 wheeler I dont see any ads for that crap.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I could use some valium...

Medication I'm really taking is Prevacid. Last couple days I've been chuggin Aleve, too.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I am on "Protonix" for acid reflux, and it was driving me mental waking up everynight with the taste of stomack acid in my mouth, befor I got the meds.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

vicoden, percocet (sp?), or morphine depending on the status of my kidneys at the time... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

10. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I'm on Percaset (for my knee) Allegra (for allergies) and an albuterol inhaler for asthma.

11. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am on "Protonix" for acid reflux, and it was driving me mental waking up everynight with the taste of stomack acid in my mouth, befor I got the meds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know how that is. I was on Prilosec for a few years, now i'm on aciphex, (the generic version). It sucks waking up with that taste in your mouth, and your throat on fire.

12. indiana88

indiana88 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    On a serious note,
    I started taking Wellbutrin/Zyban about 2 1/2 yrs ago to quit smoking. I quit, but decided to stay on it because it gave me extra energy. My doc told me that it was ok to have a few cocktails while on it, but that was only thing he really said. I asked some acquaintances of mine that were on a similar drug if they drank while on it. They said yes(should have known better not to ask people who were "weekend warriors" and probably immune to the stuff...
    Well needless to say alcohol plus the Wellbutrin turned me into a raving nutcase. Bad, bad, bad.
    Do not mix the two for any of you folks that are contemplating using it to quit smoking. I never actually read up on what the combination does to you until it got real bad. I thought I was going crazy. A friend of mine put two and two together and I now see what it did to me. Needless to say, I won't be taking that anymore. Not only did it make me nuts, but on a day-to-day basis I was cranky, irritable, depressed, paranoid and had memory loss. It will take a bit to get out of my system, but I'm just glad I am now aware of it. I went on some message boards to look into it further and apparently not too many folks are having good experiences with it, drinking on it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it work? The only way I could quit was just to not buy any more. Been a year now. It did help that my wife was pregnant and the only way I could expect it her to quit was if I did. We both quit and so far have stuck with it. Amazin' what those kids can do for ya. I got a prescription for zyban, but I never took it 'cause I didn't want to screw up the beer drinkin'

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

A pinch of Copenhagen helps with My stress level.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Yes, but DO NOT DRINK with it. Anyone thinking about it should do a quick search and read up on it. It can cause seizures too.

15. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

What?? You mean everybody doesn't take something to get them through the
    day / night?? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Just kidding.... I take at least seven pills EVERY DAY for
    one thing or another. I saw a few mentioned above. Some are for quality of
    life - some are life sustaining. Noangel - I really hope you've kicked the habit -
    and are not too much worse off from the effort. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Hang in there!!

16. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Thanks Mike. My suspicions were confirmed last Friday. For the past almost 3 years I've been on Wellbutrin it has been messing me up. I have been off of them for about a week and a half and I feel like my old self. I am finally happy again. I cannot believe how much it affected me even on a daily basis. It made me irritable and so up and down it's not even funny. I am just blessed to have realized how much it was altering me and to get the hell off of it. I feel so much better that words cannot even begin to explain it. I'm just pissed that physicians these days don't fully explain what they are prescribing. We put so much faith in them and what they say to us and leave it at that. I've been seeing my doctor for 8 yrs now and I figured I could trust him to tell me all that I should know about the medication. I guess they just assume that everyone is going to seek more information on it instead of just going by the info they give us. After talking with my shrink she said he should have gave me the warnings. He didn't. I was a fool to not know everything there was to know about what I was taking, but like I said, I trusted he would have told me. Live and learn...
    It's great to get out of the fog though, that's for sure. It hasn't been hard stopping them because I feel so clearheaded and relieved. From now on I will do a complete research on anything that is prescribed to me, that's for sure! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i was on ritalin for my ADD for years and finally said [censored] it and quit.

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

What did that do to you? I'm thinking maybe I have ADD... But part of me is also thinking ADD is bogus...

19. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ADD is a thing that they made up so that people would not be resposible for their actions. Its a simple thing for a teacher who doesn't really know what they are doing ot just say "ADD" and place the blame elsewhere. IMO most things are psycologially made. If you keep sitting there telling yourself something bad is going to happen, it will happen. You will get so deep into it that you don't know this is happening.

i.e You keep thinking your leg hurts. You think about it so much that your leg begins to hurt, but it really doesn't hurt, your mind just thinks it does. It's just because you thought so hard on it that it started to hurt!!

And yes I am on medication. Jack Daniels!!

20. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have to take two tablespoons of Beaver Oil every morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude turn yer PM's on, I know who you are, ya nerd! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif