Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AREA CLEANUP RUN

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by TheLakeRat, Nov 12, 2002.

1. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

Our local club is gong to do a area cleanup this Sunday to try to keep our wheeling are nice and then go do a little wheeling in the afternoon. Plus it keeps us in good graces with the Lake Rangers and Game Wardens.
    Anyone that wants to come and help us out would be greatly apprieciated.
    I look forward to meeting a few of you folks. it's supposed to be a nice weekend and should be a great day of fun.
    We are even going to pull out a Bronco that was abandoned after it was caught in a flash flood after getting stuck in the river bed.

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Where is this? What area?

3. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

take pics and when the tree huggers cry destruction,prove them wrong!

4. TheLakeRat

It's in San Angelo, TX.
    At the Twinn Buttes resivior state park area.

5. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

I wish I could come out there to help. I had the pleasure to wheel out there a while back. I hope the efforts can slow down the process of the park closing to OHV's. While out there on our trip, a lake ranger told us that the city is really close to closing it down.

Good Luck!

Justin

6. TheLakeRat

Yeah we had a bad scare about them closing it down. In fact we had a city council meeting to explain to them that there are actual clubs here in town trying to help keep it clean and usable. That's why we are doing this cleanup, to prove that we are trying. We've even contacted the local news to get us some publicity.
    Wish you could come up.

7. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i won't be able to make it this time, hopefully soon, and also do some shopping at wto, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

just wanted to say "thank you" for doing some positive things to show that we are not a bunch of beer-drinking rednecks tearing up the countryside, but are being responsible about our hobby, good job on getting the news to show up, that will go a long way on publicity /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. TheLakeRat

The cleanup went GREAT! We filled up a huge dumpster that the local trash service donated. We also found the Bronco 2 and got it pulled back to the dumpster. We decided to have a little fun with it so a couple of us winched it over into the dumpster. made for some great pics. I'll post them when we get them in. of course we had to winch it back out again so that the local wrecker service could come pick it up. Wasn't much left of it after we had our way with it. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    The news media treated us very well and gave us alot of credit for trying very hard to clean up the lake area.
    Nevada, our club president and a Gen 1 Blazer owner made a excelent intrview.
    The best part was when they showed me winching that Bronco over into the dumpster. I'm gonna have to buy a video capture card so that i can share it with you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif