Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arena football

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 76zimmer, Apr 15, 2007.

1. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Kalamazoo, just got a new team this year. The Xplosion. I went to the game last night, had a great time. They won 34-21. They played the Chicago Slaughter. One of the coaches was Steve McMichael from the 85 Bears superbowl team. He looks like a hippie refuge, has put on some pounds but wears that big gold ring with pride. Someone was saying the Fridge is involved with the team also.
    The Xplosion are 3-0 so far.
    I would encourage anyone who likes football to go to one of these games, lots of action, not many penalties, and it seems like the clock keeps running. I'll have to check out the rules to see how they compare to NFL. We were harrassing a Chicago showoff, who caught a pass and ran it in for a touchdown after hitting the wall, so it got called back. (not sure if that was why though) He was showing off, like he'd never been there before, so everyone started giving him crap when it got called back.
    Good time.

2. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

Went to my first game last week. Pretty cool. SOme of the rules that I read was
    clock did not stop for nothing but timeouts and penalties until the last minute of each half. At that time, incomlete passes stop the clock.

no punting, field goals are 3, drop kicks are 4.
    Extra pts are 1 and extra pt drop kicks are 2
    field goal misses are then live ball
    uprights are 8 ft I believe

There might have been a few others but these are the ones I remember. It was a pretty cool experience. The game was never boring. If the game wasn't going, they were either throwing shirts or footballs into the stands or letting fans from the stands try field goals or throwing contest for prizes. Cheerleaders were constantly performing, and the announcer CONTINUALLY bad talked the other team. Any football going into the stand were kept as souviners. Very fan friendly.
    IMO

3. 76zimmer

Yeh thats right, all footballs were kept when they went into the stands, so how does a missed fg get played? Spot at the 10? And although the cheerleaders were nice, the Hooters girls were better. Some of those cheerleaders shouldn't have been wearing what they were, no shame I guess.

4. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

if I remember correctly it was played like a punt for the defense. They grab it and try a run back. If it went out of bounds it was placed on the 5. Not sure if the kicking team could play it like a live ball or if they "downed it" with contact. I know it happened twice at the game I went to. One went off the net and the defense grabbed it and ran it out, the other the kicker pouch kicked it down around the 5, defense grabbed it but was tackled right away. It seemed to me like they used a missed field goal as a punt.

As far as cheerleaders go, Dallas Desperado "DANCERS" wore basically a shiny bikini with leather chaps.
    http://www.dallasdesperados.com/ should have more info

5. 76zimmer

That game is on right now, I'll check em out...