Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aren't kids great?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Aren\'t kids great?

Gotta love the way your children can innocently wreck your entire night........ /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I got home from work and dropped everything at the front door because today was the first day I was able to run up to the lake to go icefishing. I fired up the truck, packed all my gear inside, and headed out within 5 minutes of getting home. I caught myself a nice laker and came home. Sounds like a lovely night, eh? Well, the fun hadn't started yet.

Around 9:00, I got all my stuff organized for work(I always put everything on the kitchen table so it's ready for the morning). Let's see: wallet, cellphone, house keys.......well, where the heck are my work keys? I ask Kim if she's seen them but she's busy watching Third Watch on TV. Hmmmmmmm....... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I'm sure you know the steps one takes when searching for keys. It all starts rather calmly as you check your coat pockets. Frustration slowly sets in as you scan the counters and the top of the fridge. Ideas start popping in your head like "I took a piss before I went to the basement" so you head to the bathroom and then downstairs, scanning like the Terminator as you go. After about 5 minutes, frustration leads to anger and you again ask your wife(a little less nicely then before) if she can PLEASE give you a hand looking, hoping that she'll find them. When she starts searching in the obvious places you tell her "C'mon, I already looked there" which usually garners a reply along the lines of "Well, do you want me to help or not???!!!". After about 10 minutes you take a deep breath and start all over again with the obvious search spots(just in case you missed them the first time....ya, right /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif). The next stage of the search is desperation. You start checking places the keys could not possibly be like in your wife's panty drawer and underneath the stove. Your demeanor now verges on rage as you pull cushions from the sofa and throw them on the floor. And then your wife says those two words that all frustrated men hate to hear - "Calm DOWN!!!" to which you reply "I'M CALM, GODAMMIT!!!!" to which she replies "That's it. I'm not helping any more. Find them yourself. I'm going to bed!".

Undeterred, you continue the search solo. You check the truck in case you left them in the ignition but because you have no keys to unlock the truck you have to settle with a cursory glance from behind the driver's window. The pair of gloves on the seat taunt you- perhaps you put your keys on the seat and put your gloves on top of them and THAT'S why you couldn't find them in the house. Luckily, you have a roadside assistance plan, so you go back in the house and call the 1-800 number. "The truck's on the way" says the overly-cheerful dispatcher. While you wait for the tow truck to arrive, you glumly sit with your head in your hands hoping that the extra warmth on your forehead will make your brain work harder.

You experience a glimmer of hope when you see the towtruck pull up in front of the house. 2 minutes later the door pops open with the aid of a slim jim and you push past the driver and into the cab of your truck, the feeling of victory filling your spirit. Unfortunately it only takes a fraction of a second to lift the gloves and realize that you're finally out of options- the keys have won the battle and are nowhere to be seen in the truck.

As you watch the towtruck pull off, you dejectedly reenter your home. You take one last glance at the obvious spots and you reach down to open the cupboard to get the kettle to make some tea. It takes a second to register, but YES, IT's TRUE!!!!!!!!!!! There are your keys, nestled between the kettle and the blender. And then, and only then, does the vision of your 2 year old daughter playing in said cupboard return to your head.......... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

If you got this far, I congratulate you. Thank you for sharing in my pain and allowing me to vent.

That is all.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: Aren\'t kids great?

man that is funny as hell. it seems like i go through that every timei loose something /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

you just made my day, oh wait. finding a second k30 did..ok you maid tommarow /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Your demeanor now verges on rage as you pull cushions from the sofa and throw them on the floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I so know that feeling. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

this is why i aint havin kids. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[gives canmore a man hug] hang in there buddy! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Having two 3 year olds, I feel for ya man!!

You can always tell a home that is occupied by young ones.....the tops of the refridgerator, and shelves and such are cluttered with things like keys, wallets, purses, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

So did the tow truck driver find out the keys weren't in the truck? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Do you now have a 'special' place to hang yer keys that only a 6 foot tall adult can reach? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rene

8. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I bought a watch for my 9 year old daughter (now 10) about three months ago. After about three weeks, the damn thing ended up missing. Boy, was I pissed. Grounded her for 2 weeks, went off on the whole "if you and your brother's rooms weren't such pig sty's, maybe you wouldn't lose stuff" tangent. Made both the kid's life real rough, trying to teach them about consequences and responsibilities. About a week ago, I was going through my daughter's book bag, and lo' and behold, there is the watch in one of the useless little pockets she never uses. Turns out her little brother (6 years old) decided he would stash her watch there. Boy, talk about feeling like a first class heel. To see the devious look my son gave me when I asked him how the watch got there, and his subsequent denial of any knowledge to the incident, did make me feel a little better though.

John

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Well atleast she didn't come running downstairs to show you your toothbrush stuck in the crack of her butt, my kid is the devil....I'll trade ya.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

oh damn, that's nasty son!

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

WOW!!! Nine replies!!!! I thought for sure you guys would open this thread, see the size of the post, and hit the "back" button..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

To finish off the story, I took Vanessa aside this morning and very calmly asked if she had been playing with daddy's work truck keys. She looked up at me with her angelic little eyes and said "No, daddy. No keys.".

That was the end of that. Needless to say the keys are going on top of the fridge from now on. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

And hide your toothbrush, I do now.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Too funny !
    Ahhh-man, I can totaly see it happening !

Nice one.

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And hide your toothbrush, I do now.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Ever wonder where she got that idea?.....

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Ever wonder where she got that idea?.....

[/ QUOTE ] I meant atleast his kid didn't do that, my kid actually did and his uncle showed him that putting potatoes in the back of your shorts was funny... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ever wonder where she got that idea?.....

[/ QUOTE ] I meant atleast his kid didn't do that, my kid actually did and his uncle showed him that putting potatoes in the back of your shorts was funny... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Don't you love uncles? that will be me when my sister has kids /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I like the one joke from Blue Collar Comedy Tour, tell the kid there is a weiner thief and if he takes his hand off of it for even a second they will snatch it away! Watch him walk around with his hand down his pants.

17. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

The exact same thing happened to me! I wen't to my mom's for thanksgiving and couldn't find my keys when wanting to leave. Looked for an hour and finally out of anger and desperation looked in my moms purse and there they were, she stuck my keys in her purse thinking they were hers. Amazing how she missed the big key chain that says CHEVY BLAZER on it! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

and when you can't find your keys because your mom took them with her so you cannot pick up your date . . . results can be . . . well. . . as follows
    [​IMG]

19. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've always had just one set of keys for the K5, I should really make up another set, I'm good at misplacing things. I still have a set of keys to the 95 K2500 I sold a few months ago cause I just located them a week or two ago.

20. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

hey, well, you know where to find a tow rig if you need it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif