Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ARG! SONOFA! GOD MOTHER I HATE. . . HATE THIS!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieRed, Jul 19, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

Well, it all started yesterday i did some work and my dad decided to fill up my '31' gallon tank. so i drove it to the gas station, and started filling up with premium. i click the handle doohicky to keep the flow and let it sit in the filler neck by itself. . . WHICH USUALLY WORKS! maybe 3 seconds after i put it in i slips out and sprays me in the face and eyes. HOLY [I love Jeeps] DOES THAT BURN! so i'm in a gas station, in a cussing frenzy, with everyone but the redneck beside my in awe. . . i'm guessing every word that has ever been used in a derogatory way or profane way was used in about 3-4 seconds and then i sprinted to the water pump to flush my eyes out- which admittedly probably looked ridiculously goofy seeing as my hands were on my face and i was hollerin vulgarities at the heavens. . .so i flush my eyes out and then i start to walk back to the truck and a lady offers me something to help my eyes. . . baby wipes. . . what the [I love Jeeps] ?!!? WHY THE HELL DO I NEED BABY WIPES!? I AM NOT STICKING THE SAME SOAP USED TO CLEAN ASSHOLES IN MY EYEBALL! so i fill up my '31' gallon tank, carefully, with 33 MORE gallons of gas, in addition to the 2 atleast i had in the tank which i stole from our lawnmower's supply. . . Murray, the lawnmowerm was not happy to say the least, after all i stole his supper. . . but the mexicans stole his job, so it all works out. . .
    ANYWAY. . . today, i am behind a dumptruck who is revving is engine so i follow suit and rev MUCH louder, and in neutral, and he looks at me in his rear view mirror and smiles, and we keep on revving and everyone stands around watching us in awe, probably me more to be honest, i hate to brag but at high RPM my truck sounds REALLY NICE, and loud, anyway i start down the road and i has 1st gear, and no 2½th! (if you didn't know i don't had 2nd or 3rd, i busted my drive sprag and thus have, or had, 2½th) so i drive home, trying all my tricks to get it to shift, nothing. i don't have a tach, but i'm guesing i was pully atleast 4500 all the way home.

OH, and one more thing, last night i was driving around, and i don't have my 'after 9' lisence, and it was about 9:45, and i drive through a movie theater, and i have people hollerin at me to rev her up, so i do, and that's no problem, but i get on the road, and i get maybe ½ mile and i see blue and white and red lights and hear a siren. so i pull over. i'm terrified, i don't have my registration in the car, i don't have my after 9, hell i don't have my wallet on me, no license. i and SCREWED, so he asked me to "step DOWN from there", which admittedly was kind of cool, so i do, and he doesn't say anything, so i somehow threw out the only thing i could think of, the classic, "what seems to be the problem officer?" and he says 'whats up with you squawling your tires back comin out of the movie theater?" i kindly explain to him that with my 3.73s and crate 350 i am unable to spin the tires without low range. i reluctantly claim my truck is weak and cannot do anything like that. keep in my i have my tailight cover ELECTRICAL taped onto my tailight. he said "well i heard you revin your engine and . . . "
    i cut him off say "yeah, well they hollered at me to, and it's not a neighborhood or anything, so i just figured it was ok. . " to my dismay he responds with, oh yeah, no problem with that, i just thought you spun your tires comin out of the parking lot." i said, "no sir" and he says, "ok, sorry to bother you son, have a good night" i was so relieved because he never asked for license or registration and he believed me, and i am telling the truth. at first when he pulled me over i figured he thought i was drunk, because i have bad steering and it swerves sometimes. so i only made it worse when i hopped out it wasn't all the way in park and the truck rolled back a couple feet before i hopped up and threw it in park. but iw as ready for that breathalizer, to make him look stupid! it also made me scared when he asked me to get out.

thanks for reading, just thought i'd share
    Henry

2. BowtieRed

oh, and if you know of any good deals on any SM465/NP205 combos let me know, i'll definitely be needing one SOON.

3. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Well, it was kinda humurous to read over my morning cup of coffee anyways! Thanks for the giggles. We have the SM465/NP205 combo but are not sure it's in working condition. It came as spare parts with the K30.

4. BowtieRed

um... i'll take it if ya don't want it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif i'll find out if it works /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif how much ya want for it. . .and you got any linkage?

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Henry you may have a future as a comedian.......there was some funny stuff in there!

Mostly I liked the observations about how the rest of the world was looking at you like you were a complete lunatic! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

....I guess I have to go reread it though, I never DID get the whole 31 gallons vs 33 gallons significance...???

6. BowtieRed

i just thought it was odd how i manage to squeeze 35 gallons into my 31 gallon tank.

7. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i just thought it was odd how i manage to squeeze 35 gallons into my 31 gallon tank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the pump measured fast and you got ripped off.

[ QUOTE ]
    at first when he pulled me over i figured he thought i was drunk, because i have bad steering and it swerves sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should fix this???

Whatever though... sounded like an adventure!

8. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

well from personal experience of 25 years in a black and white let me tell you.... the policeman was
    1)lazy
    2)almost off shift
    3)realized "you'd be back"
    4)had a K5
    you see ...one never has to do something right now... we can be patient...
    but all that being said Im glad you didnt get the duckett.. he probably just wanted to see your rig...and in one second he knew you werent duece....
    and havent we all driven "without that night license" in our lives
    tickets are C.S.L.F.A. anyway....

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and havent we all driven "without that night license" in our lives

[/ QUOTE ]
    he he, nah, some states give you a full lic when you take the test. none of the stupid stuff for 6 or 9 months.
    BUT i do have to say cali shows it keeps the roads safer
    im just glad i didnt have to deal with it
    Grant

10. BowtieRed

while i don't understand what you just said- i will say there is no way he could have given me a ticket, he admitted not seeing me do anything. as for the after nine ticket- well they never give them out anyway.

let me stress again, i didn't do anything!

11. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I might be able to hook you up with a SM465 NP205 combo.

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Henry, you just had a typical 16 year olds night out...you'll look back and laugh if not tomorrow, then someday soon.

Getting pulled over never gets any less nerve wracking no matter how innocent it may be...

The last time i got pulled over was for driving over a sidewalk/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. It was dumb, but I was being careful and there were no pedestrians around/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I did get off with a verbal warning so I shouldn't complain. I was pretty nervous about the whole thing though, he had me dead to rights for being a dumb-ass.

Rene

13. BowtieRed

i read qwhat you had earlier. . . i don't think i know too many people in kansas, sorry /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

14. speed_deed

My 16 year old night Thursday night was something like...

Racing, getting pulled over because I was driving my friends chevelle with the header cut outs activated, going back to the races and lighting out right when the police showed up.

For some reason I dont get nervous when I get pulled over, probably because I have so much experience with them and know as long as I'm honest I won't get into too much if any trouble. I think I get away with so much becasue I have yet to let them catch me at what they want to catch me for. I think as long as I dont abuse my privileges everything will be okey.

15. speed_deed

I'm sure you could talk Wes into it.

Wait a minute!!!!! WES WEREN"T YOU SUPPOSED TO COME DOWN HERE AND DO THAT A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

16. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

haha funny story man. .i dont have my night either..and i was cruisen down the highway on the way home from a "wrench fest" at 1:00 am /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif yea thats a little TO late then i like to go with out the night licence...but i made it home ok. but im always driving past nine..important thing is to just be very carefull!!, and just dotn do anything stupid..(besides the fact ur driving after nine!) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

AT least you can drive you blazer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

18. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

there has been a few times i have been pulled over for noise violations in my luv. Thedn the sherif usually sees why im reving my little truck to 5000rpm. Full load of something and the back is resting comfortably on the bumpstops. They usually say i should get it quieted down but since im hauling they dont give me a hard time.

19. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Back when I was sixteen I had a motorcycle.. a harley 1959 Panhead I built myself... I would get stopped everyday and get cited for a loud exhaust... then Id put the steel wool in ..go to DMV get it signed off... thank god fixit tickets didnt cost anything back then...
    I got so tired of being cited I decided I might try to become a policeman
    so I started out as a Maryland State Trooper.. ended up as a Los Angeles County Sheriffs Sergeant... now Im happily retired after 25 years
    I never screwed with any working man... kids only got tickets if they had an attitude... or were REALLY stupid
    Like dirving their car backward with their feet through the sunroof while sitting on the top of the car.. that kind of stuff
    however a word to the wise.. nobody and I mean nobody can drive anywhere anymore without violating some vehicle code.. there just to many of them...
    anyway you didnt get theticket so you did something right!

20. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i have never heard of a night lic. they don't have that in TN. i got a 465/205 & all the linkages & the clutch pedal assembly.

buy the way excellent story /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif