Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arggghhhhhhhuu!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4x4swede, Sep 25, 2002.

1. 4x4swede

4x4swede Registered Member

I just broke a damn spring in the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Regular crap but anyway,, now I need to chase a good set of springs in this sheit country (.
    Any suggestions is most welcome,, both on new stuff or used thats easy to get in under the K5.

2. smack

smack 1/2 ton status

Well if you're gonna lift it the thing to do is to get stock springs and flip shackles. Trust me -- the guy I got my truck from put 3/4 ton springs on the back which lifted it about 4" but the thing rides like a dump truck.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

WOW you broke a rear spring on a stock truck? You might concider just buying a lift. Something like 4 inch front springs and 2 inch rear springs and 2 inch blocks or a 2 inch Offroad Design Shackle flip.
    Your other choice might be to see if you can buddy up with some US service men and see if they have a trashed Military K5 truck on base that they might be able to get you the rear springs out of. They should be the HD's but not super stiff like a pickup trucks HD springs.

4. 4x4swede

Yea I reeeealy broke it (, thing is I probably missed the damage when I checked it before I bought it, and just had to do some offroading this morning hehe
    Back to business tho,, I prolly go stocksprings and flip in rear and better front, seems like thats the cheapest way to get the rig running again for me, to bad I need it on a daily basis or Id chase up some better stuff.
    Thanks for the input guys )

Btw checked the scrapyards here and a 14 bolter just ripped loose and cleaned is 10K and change ( (local currency umm like 1500-2000 USD or so).

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Btw checked the scrapyards here and a 14 bolter just ripped loose and cleaned is 10K and change ( (local currency umm like 1500-2000 USD or so).

[/ QUOTE ]
    ouch /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif have you looked into having someone here ship one to you?

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Just move to the US!

Just trying to help... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

7. 4x4swede

I cant move to US (( or Id loose my already shitty low pension ( . Would love to fill up the gastank for less then a fortune hehe, and get LOADS of options to use o the truck, and not have to chase like a idiot to get every part thats not stock stuff. Back to business again heh Only option to ship from US would be if a private person bought the stuff for me and put a redic low value on the toll tag, then it would be possible to get it a bit cheap here, because I have to pay tolls on all costs ie value of part and 10% toll on that together with the freightcost, and on top of that 25% tax. If I bought it from a company in US they have to put up the real numbers so every dollar will cost me like 20 swedish krona before I have it here and taxed (thats like yall have to pay 2 to 2.5 times on all your stuff). Still waiting for 2 companys in sweden with reply to what stuff they can dig up fast. I know Superlift is sold here in sweden but thats about it , anyone got opinions on them good or bad?

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

as long as what you said would have to be done for one of us to send you a 14ff or any other part is not illegal then i dont see a problem with doing that so let me see if i got it right say i have a 14ff that you want and i sell it to you for lets say $150-200 then i just say its worth say $100 and you would not have to pay high taxes on it right?

9. 4x4swede

Yepp... I have to pay toll and taxes on the value set on the document of shipping, so basically the lower the better for me hehe but not too low so they get suspicious and just for the hell of it tax me to hell -p. but on used stuff I think baut 40 to 50% on real price shouldnt be a problem to get through. Hard to put a real value on used stuff, tho Im afraid the shipping cost and tax on that, will be waaay higher then the parts hehe

10. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

my mother has a plaque in her house that says "living with a swede builds character", dont really know if that is true or not, anyway, i have an extra set of rear springs sitting by the garage and if you can figure out how to get them from here to there you are more than welcome to have them, dont know if you would have to pay tolls on free stuff or not /forums/images/icons/wink.gif