Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ARGGHH!!! It's just one thing after another.....First my D44, Now this....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Zeus33rd, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

ARGGHH!!! It\'s just one thing after another.....First my D44, Now this....

I just fixed my D44 yesterday, put new spiders in it. Bolted my driveline back on, and went to find a good mudhole. Found a good mudhole, and played in it for a bit. When I got back onto the road, I stopped to unlock my hubs....When I got back in, put the tranny in drive and it wouldn't go anywhere. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif All I have now is reverse and 1st gear. I guess the BB was to much for the TH350. Ugh, So now I'm vehicle-less...Time to start beggin rides. I guess Chaz and I have something in common now. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Re: ARGGHH!!! It\'s just one thing after another.....First my D44, Now this....

Man go out and find a TH400 or 4L80E and have it built with Extreme Duty Sprag & clutches!
    Bill

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: ARGGHH!!! It\'s just one thing after another.....First my D44, Now this.

Gladly trade you problems, well maybe not. I had some electrical gremlin pop up again while I was in Fresno a little while ago requiring the Bellsouth call to AAA. I think I know what the problem is, should be cheap, if not, standby for large explosion.

4. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Bill

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Well, I don't know now. I changed out alternator plugs, hit the ignition and it started up, died and now it's DEAD!!!! And my know-it-all Chevy technician is out in the sticks and I really don't feel like driving out there and talking tech since I feel like crap right now.

6. Zeus33rd

I've got a fresh TH400 at home ready to swap in.....I just need to start gathering the parts for the swap. I need a TH400 to 203 adapter and since mty TH400 is from a 208 t-case, I think I need a new output shaft for the TH400 as well. I'm not totally sure on that one. I need to get 4x4High in here and ask him again for the 45th time. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Scott where ya at dude?

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Hey Joe, I thought that you were going to do the swap to a 465? </font color>

8. Zeus33rd

Well, I definatley want to do that, But now I'm just lookin at the easiest, quickest and relitively cheapest option. I've got to get my truck back on the road ASAP. The TH400 is gonna be the easiest of the two I think, cause I already have a good 400. ther 465 is definatley on the to do list. One day....lol /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

the 465 might be the cheeper of the 2...you can find a tranny and t-case for under 500 and the rest of the parts for around the same...

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Manual trannys (not the man kind either) are for guys who want to work at driving. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

manual trannys are fun...went DMV actully lets ya drive em /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    manual trannys are fun

[/ QUOTE ]
    The manual tranny in the Red Line Oil Racing Ford Pinto was fun............

These days, I've got that extra gear in my 700 for stunts like I told you about last night. Wouldn't of had that unless the man. had OD.

13. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ok Joe, I just got off the phone with my tranny guy and he said there is only one length output shaft for a 4x4 TH400. So all you need now is the adapter for a TH400/203, and like I said before, you also need to make sure the 203 is for a TH400 if not you will need to swap input shafts for a TH400 one which I think will require boring the case for a larger bearing.

14. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

did u check to make sure the modulator vaccum line didnt come off ?

15. Zeus33rd

Thanks Scott....Thats good to know. I'm still kickin around the idea of usin the 400 and 208 I already have. The quickest and easiest way.....Then take my time and gather up the parts for either the 203 or 205 t-case.

Yeah.....Checked the modilator line. Not that. I also know cause I've forgotten to hook it back up before. Thanks for the input.

16. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My buddy also told me that it could be the servo hangin up on you. You can easily pull the cover and take it out then check and clean it.

17. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Joe, there's a 465/205 available in this area in the for sale section. $500 with all of the linkages... </font color>

18. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Hey kid, are you sure that it's not the governor, or the vaccum actuator?
    I would check these 2 things first.
    You could be back there playing in no time if it's something that simple.