Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ARGH!!! FedEx lost my rear piece of glass!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by WantedaDodge, Jan 26, 2005.

1. WantedaDodge

WantedaDodge 1/2 ton status

They lost my rear window being sent to eugene from newyork.

Any luck with claims from FedEx? They said the box came to eugene, but nothing was in it.

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Good luck. I filed a claim with UPS b/c I never received a packeage they said they dropped off at my door. after weeks of talking to everyone in the company, there was a conference call between the company that shipped me the item, UPS, and me. the outcome was that UPS would cover the cost of the item BUT THEY WOULD NEVER DELIVER TO MY ADDRESS AGAIN :mad: . Luckily I moved two months later....but man that would have sucked, having to drive to the hub.

3. mailman

mailman Newbie

The United States Postal Service, we deliver for you.

4. Mav2u

Mav2u 1/2 ton status

United States Post office sucks even worse. They not only opened the package but took the time to re-tape it back up nicely after they took my tape off, then dropped it off at the front door which it required a signature.

Called them they said it was delivered and its unlikely a US Postal employee would do such a thing but we'll look into it. Needless to say that after talking to the postal inspector police guy (Idiot) they said I wouldn't be getting and reimbursement because I over insured it and it was sounding like I was trying insurance fraud.

So needless to say when I ship I do it certified so that every ass clown who touches that package signs his name to it. Keep the honest people honest and the crooks scared to do it.

Oh, another tip if your shipping, us tape on every edge and use a tape that is unique. I use aluminum speed tape and that stuff nobody has unless your a aircraft mechanic ( me ) or some HVAC type people. Let the receiving person to check the seal and its apparent immediatlely and then refuse to sign for it and start the claim right then and there.

Mav2u is now stepping down from his Soapbox..... :grin:

5. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

that sux

6. 69TowRig

69TowRig 1/2 ton status

How about these:

Last year I order a receiver hitch for my Nissan Frontier. Ships FedEx Ground.

Box shows up at my work. Box was kind of beat up and had lots of extra tape on it. It's heavy so I just throw it in my truck and go home.

Open it up when I get home and find 10 bolts of fabric in the box instead of a Class III hitch.

Call up company I bought it from. They are as surprised as I was, suggest I call FedEx. FedEx denies any issues with the shipment. I call the company back. They call FedEx. FedEx denies problems with shipment, so company sends me a new hitch overnight and BACKCHARGES FedEx for the problems.

Another time FedEx Ground was carrying a rolltop cover for my Nissan. They could not find my address and thus did not attempt a delivery. They do not call me. I call FedEx and they had to have me give them directions. Delivery was delayed at least 3 days.

Conclusion: FedEx Ground sucks. Express is okay, they are a seperate business unit but do not handle the bigger packages. As an aside I never remember having issues with UPS.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Sound like the shipper didn't pack it too well and it came out of the box and busted. The driver didn't report it because he'd get a reprimand for breakage.

I don't know why anyone would want to steal it but who knows.

My brother worked for UPS and he had some horror stories. The loaders beat the snot out of packages trying to make their trailer load time. I'm sure that is the case for every shipping company and depends on the employees that handle it.

Shipping companies love to take money to insure your box but they are not too interested in a payout.

I had a package come in from Summit and the packers had stuck a converter, valve covers, and some other misc. smalls in an oversize box with almost no packing peanuts. The first time that box tumbled the converter came flying out and was damaged. The UPS driver just left it in front of my home with a quickly retaped box seam. It looked like it had stormed the beach at Normandy. Luckily Summit replaced it free of charge but I have a standing request on my account that they box carefully.

If they give you any grief make it your mission to politely annoy them until they address the issue fairly. Sometimes companies settle just to get rid of you.

8. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

yeah...fedex sucks balls. i had a center section for my Eaton shipped from MN. according to the tracking page, teh barcode label fell off and it was "undeliverable." it was shipped from MN to Wis to Tx, where it disappeared into a black hole for a while. Then one day it just showed up. Luckily nothing happened to it, partially because the seller home built a kick ass crate for the thing that cleverly fit right inside the cardboard box for a baby stroller, which was done because apparently Fedex wont ship wooden crates or some nonsense. Good luck with your glass...

9. WantedaDodge

I'm gonna go try to inspect the box tomorrow and see what it looks like. I think the shipper did a fine job, I just think fedex sucks!

hopefully things turn out smoothly

10. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

This just gives me another reason to hate and never use FedEx. I have used them 5 times in my life and every time I've used them, I've had some sort of problem. USPS is just as bad. I've never had any problems with UPS.

11. Mav2u

Mav2u 1/2 ton status

I wonder what that new company with the yellow trucks is like. Maybe they got their heads on straight. When it boils down to, pack that sucker like it's going to storm the beaches and be airdropped into place.

Or, always ship with signature and priority delivery it.

12. WantedaDodge

DHL seems to be pretty good. Used them a few times...