Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Argh.... headaches....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Dec 6, 2002.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Everyday for the last 4 days I have had a bad headache. I am fine when I wake up but by mid morning my head starts to hurt. Mostly on one (right) side. If I cough it's like a sharp pain jabbing me right on my right temple. By the time I go to bed my head feels like a train hit it. But as soon as I lay down I'm fine. Too bad I can't sleep all day! My friend gave me some Advil Migraine at work late this afternoon and it's helped a lot. But it's not totally gone. I've tried to take other stuff and notta. Anyone else get headaches like this? I called the advice nurse and she said if they keep up over the weekend to come in. They'll want to look into them more. This really sucks and messed up my plans for the night.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif So what all do you recommend for getting rid of these things? I'm willing to try about anything cuz this is getting old fast and making me feel like crap!

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Try some coffee for starter's.

3. ChevyCaGal

No coffee in my house. After the Bean Barn named the quad shot after me, I felt it was time to cut back! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

My mom use to get headaches every weekend...It came from lack of caffine from work.

On a serious note do you see spots in your perifial(sp)vision??

5. ChevyCaGal

Nope. I don't see nuttin funny. I drink caffeine, just not coffee for now. I thought maybe I was getting too much so I laid off all day yesterday. I drank some today same as usually and it didn't do a thing. I'll probably end going to the doctor. I don't mind that as long as they don't say I need a shot. I hate needles. I could chop my arm off and carry it with me to the ER and not be all that big of a mess about it. But pull out a needle and I will pee my pants and run like a little scared school girl... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Seems like 90% of people i've asked, Marijuana gets rid of headaches.
    Sounds like you should light up a joint...
    Then report back to us and tell us your findings? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

No spots is good. My wife had a bunch of headaches with spots...turns out she has a seudo tumor...acts like a brain tumor but it's treatable..but damn those spinal taps suck /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. ChevyCaGal

The chance of me smoking that crap is about as likely as I will become Queen of England. I think it stinks and I can't get past the fact people die from smoke in fires, and smoking is putting smoke your body... yuck! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I probably am just stressed out from stuff and it's caught up with me. Maybe this weekend I can veg out and not have to deal with life and it'll help! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I probably am just stressed out from stuff and it's caught up with me.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I hear it cures that too. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    And, you don't have to smoke you could just eat a pot brownie. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Of course, I wouldn't know about any of that. I've just heard and read about it.

... I think i feel a headache coming on now. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. ChevyCaGal

I bet my neighbor might have some in the yard. The house was abandoned (been that way for about 10 years) and there was some growing back there a few years ago. I was weeding, and literally found weed. Kinda shocked me to be trimming back the Japanese Maple and find that... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

But really I know the stuff medically does wonders. My friends mom who had cancer used it to help her eat. I won't say it's bad in that way. I just don't think I'd enjoy smoking it at all. I gave up cigs years (3) ago after my stint (about 18 months) smoking them and don't need to start in with it. Especially since it smells like a butt crack... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

It's probably tension.... 2 words....neck rub /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif, but if you're like me and don't have anyone around to work out the kinks, a heating pad on your neck or a hot bath can do wonders...

good luck /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

Extra Strength Excedrin, hot shower and a nap in quiet dark room helps me.

13. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem went to the doc he said take some of these.Alegra allergy pills. They were just sinus headaches and the pills worked great. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Seems like 90% of people i've asked, Marijuana gets rid of headaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe its time for Steph to get in touch with <font color="green"> Greenblazer AZ </font color>!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

seriously, get your blood pressure checked. Could be high blood pressure.

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I was thinking sinus pressure, too. If it starts when you're up and about, then stops when you lay down (your sinuses drain)... Try some tylenol for allergies.

I was going to say caffiene cutback supposedly causes headaches, but I quit caffiene cold turkey and didn't have an any reaction (other than sleepiness)...

Regardless if you don't have a nutso co-pay, go visit the dr, that'll probably get you a better idea. Head stuff should always be taken a little more seriously, it's sucks if you put it off then find out they have to amputate.

17. ShinnyHelmet

ShinnyHelmet Registered Member

Us people in EG like to go to a nice reastaurant, pop some pills and soak in the hot tub..works for me.

18. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

i say go with ryan b's idea. sounds good to me and it will prolly help. mmmmmmmmmmmm brownie. hmmmmm i wonder if i have "supplies". lol. later.

jacob

19. ChevyCaGal

Hey I'm game for meeting some EG foo's from here. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I go to church out there and grocery shop there as well. The Lyons next to Wal-Mart is good, so is On The Border..... maybe I can bribe, er I mean ask you for some help when I get my junk ready to fix it up.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

20. ShinnyHelmet

ShinnyHelmet Registered Member

We really like going to On the Border...see you at the bar.