Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ARGH...IT's DRIVING ME NUTS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Oct 23, 2000.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

ARGH...IT\'s DRIVING ME NUTS

18 friggin months and I'm still not running. A big K5 run in 2 weeks in Clayton and I'm stuck without a truck. I'm seriously getting tired of it and hating it. Gotta find a way...maybe a loan. just thought I'd share my frustration!!! Hate it.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blaze- 350/350/203, 14B w/detroit, D44, 4.11s, 4" susp, 36" TSL

2. Big B

Big B 1/2 ton status

Re: ARGH...IT\'s DRIVING ME NUTS

I feel for you man i am in the same boat 3 months with truck down do to broke front axle but the rear and front have beeen swapped out and the new 44 and 14 bolt are in as of yesterday just neednew rear driveshaft built and i am done till it breaks again so just hang in there it will be worth all the pain tears and blood when it is done see you this weekend later Bruce.

bigb4x4.coloradok5.com

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

well maybe not so big, but a few folks from the area are hitting the trails up there...but if you want more info, you have to take on another passenger...HAHA

Bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blaze- 350/350/203, 14B w/detroit, D44, 4.11s, 4" susp, 36" TSL

5. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I can feel for you man. *sniff, sniff,* Anyway, I bought my Blazer last Dec. with the intention of fixing the blown headgaskets (at least, that is what I think it is) by the spring, however I have not had a chance with 2 jobs and all. I also considered paying this mechanic friend to do it for me (@$600-800 if that is all that it was), but I started thinking, "what if that is not the problem?" and I said to my self, why don't I go get some air tools and start to work on it. Well, that was about 2-3 months ago, I still have no time or motivation to work on it. It would be different if I had a house and it was outside, then I would just do a little at a time, but it is at my uncles house. Anyway, I should be down to one job in a couple of months and have my weekends again, and that will be somewhat of a priority, as my uncle wants it out of there. Heck, a couple of times I went to go work on it, I couldn't get in, as I don't have a key yet. So here I am Blazerless, but I do have airtools. Hey laketex, that sure will be a tight fit with you sittin' in the middle of Dblazer, and his spouse won't it? Oh wait, maybe they will throw you in the back seat. LOL - Steve</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"</font color=blue>
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

7. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Understand the feeling. Not as bad as yours but here I've spent 11 months on mine and had it out last night running around the countryside here and I pulled into a gas station. First off, the other three Chevy's I own all have gas tanks on the left side, this ones on the right. Get in to start it up and nothing. Hot starter from the headers. Let it cool off, started up and moved around to the other side. Filled her up with the engine running (not supposed to do that, I know) with 91 octane at $1.51 a gallon and I noticed a drip coming from under the transmission area. Pretty good one too. Either the filler tube is not sealing (not likely) or the transmission cooling line is loose or cracked (my luck). Next three nights are full on my calendar and muzzleloader season opens Saturday. Was going to take the Blazer, still may if I can get the leak stopped. Of course I left it out in the rain all night last night and again today. I replaced all the seals in it and hopefully the water hose leak check I did earlier this month still holds. But the way things are going, I'll probably get home to a soaked carpet. We don't get any rain, then WHAM, it won't stop. I've had close to 10" at my house in the past 72 hours. Keep your chin up. The wait is well worth it.

8. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status